Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Volvo S60 T5 SE 2006 any good ?

I asked an old friend who moved into elder volvo ranges last years (as I moved into elder lexus), and he is pretty technical and trusted - he says "it is ok, everything normal, reliability normal, sounds fabulous 😉 ". He recommended to proper service in the beginning, as always, plus add. focus on all hosing and pipes around turbo system, in elder volvo's there are sometimes loosing hoses, missing clamps etc. detoriate performace a bit. With good example and after "tight up" everything, it should be good ride in his mind.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ben01 said:

I asked an old friend who moved into elder volvo ranges last years (as I moved into elder lexus), and he is pretty technical and trusted - he says "it is ok, everything normal, reliability normal, sounds fabulous 😉 ". He recommended to proper service in the beginning, as always, plus add. focus on all hosing and pipes around turbo system, in elder volvo's there are sometimes loosing hoses, missing clamps etc. detoriate performace a bit. With good example and after "tight up" everything, it should be good ride in his mind.

thanks and I think I should buy tweed jacket as well 🙂

Apart from the XC90 family bus I also had two Volvos prior to my IS and RX but V70s not S60s. Both petrol turbos though. Very nice, comfortable, safe, all that. Even my wife likes them which is something. Quite obvious that all of the 5 cylinder engines will quite happily run to the moon and back. 

But (and it's a big but) nothing else lasts. The engines themselves are bombproof but don't expect Lexus reliability, quality or most importantly simplicity from any engine peripherals, interior trim etc. I'd certainly have another V70 but I'd get as young and as low mileage as possible or else you're starting to get more and more faults. And that limits you to older than 2006 because I believe most Volvo petrols after that are £500+ to tax.

Plus the UK forum is an acquired taste :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

Plus the UK forum is an acquired taste

Interesting... is LOC has taste of normal sushi, but volvo forum: sushi made from swedish meatballs wrapped in tweed? 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links