Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyres

Stompe

Just had a set of Michelin primacy 4 fitted, just can't believe the transformation, Very quiet, compared with the Dunlop sport, Really pleased with the transformation its given. 

😀

• Like 1

when i had my ct i changed the tyres to dunlop sport maxx rt they were incredibly quiet

total transformation from the yokohama's fitted by lexus, why do lexus ruin a quiet car

by fitting noisy tyres and it goes against the Tv AD with Kylie talking about the quiet revolution.

3 minutes ago, 200h said:

when i had my ct i changed the tyres to dunlop sport maxx rt they were incredibly quiet

total transformation from the yokohama's fitted by lexus, why do lexus ruin a quiet car

by fitting noisy tyres and it goes against the Tv AD with Kylie talking about the quiet revolution.

Hi Mark, If you thought the Dunlops were quiet you would love the Michelins, Evidently the grip lasts right down too 11/2 mm and reckon you will get at least 11000 more miles out of them. 😃

i looked at the Db , fuel & wet braking tyre ratings

the dunlop sport are a different tyre to the sport maxx rt's though

i think the Db rating where 67Db for the Maxx rt's ,the tyres grip

was brilliant and after 18 months there was still loads of life left in them,

on my last car i chose the michelin cross climates and they where also

a brilliant tyre to have .

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi, also went for a set of Michelin primacy 4 after some recommendations on here. Seems good so far. Let’s see how they get on. 

• Like 1

I changed from the low dB rated sport max rt2 when they got down to about 4mm. I replaced them with yokohama decibel as the courtesy CT I was given had them fitted and it did feel a bit more comfortable as I had found the RT a hard ride. I was also experiencing tramlining on them primarily probably down to tyre wear that was attributed to driving same roads on a daily basis. Probably another interesting subject.

The yokos obviously stopped the tramlining but 6 months on I'm not convinced you can quieten a CT down or achieve noticeable increased comfort levels due to both the cars setup and the state of some of the roads we are forced to drive on. 

On a more positive note after years of high car tax payments and now at zero road tax it feels less of a blow... 

I guess next tyre change for me may be to cross climate + so that the car improves in winter months..... 

A couple of days in and the Michelin primacy 4 are brilliant. The previous tyres from the main dealer where Avon, so a much improvement. So far, inpressed.