Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MOT Advisory - front brakes

Hi,

I'm looking to buy an IS250 SE-L which looks in pretty good condition, hopefully will be having a look at it tomorrow. I checked the MOT history and in January it had the following advisory...

Front Brakes imbalanced requirements only just met. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair. (3.7.B.5b)

Is this something i should worry about? Obviously i will mention it and see what they say but thought i would see what you guys thought first...

Thanks,
Robbie

Needs checking to see if it has been fixed, but it probably just needs the slider pins freeing and greasing. Could need new pads and discs. Just possibly new calipers.

If it's a garage/dealer, get them to fix it before sale. If it's private, factor in some cash - maybe £500 to cover worst case scenario, but actual cost should be in range £0 - £250 depending on who does the work and what is required.

And get the rear brakes checked as well - they are more likely to suffer similar problems.

• Like 1

I was planning on going after work but they haven't got back to me yet, probably a good thing as I should be patient and wait for an f-sport! 😂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links