Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2007 IS220D Wheel nut spec ?

Hi all -

This has probably been asked before, so, apologies - but - I need to get a set of 4 wheel nuts for my 2007 IS220D - the local garage kindly sheared off my locking wheel nut key the other day whilst changing a wheel bearing.  So - can anyone please confirm the spec for the nuts on this car ?  Stock wheels, so I know I need the "flat" type nut with a captive washer, not a taper - and I guess it's an M12 just by looking - but what about the other specs please ?  Many thanks in advance !  Cheers - Chris.

20180813_182457.jpg

That's just because they fit so many vehicles that they haven't specifically listed 2007 IS220D. There are loads of IS models listed from 2010 onwards - wheel nuts haven't changed since launch and they are the same on all models (and indeed on all Lexus AFAIK). You could 'ask seller a question'.

They are the correct spec - M12x1.5, 21mm, chrome, flat seat.

But no - I haven't used them myself.

Haven't you got 4 chrome nuts in the box with the locking nut key? Or has someone chucked the box etc out?

Ok, if they haven't changed since launch then that's good enough for me - thanks mate.  Yes, I did "ask seller a question" but - they will presumably just use their own "checker", which will return the same results of course, so not holding my breath there 🙂   No, I don't have the original locking nut key box - just the key, which my local garage has stripped.   I'm going to have to get them to chisel off the locking nuts and then I'll fit these vanilla ones.  Heading down to Dorset at the weekend, and in fear of getting a puncture - especially as I'll be towing !.   TBH I usually get rid of locking wheel nuts anyway - for reasons exactly like this - they are a pain, and nobody nicks alloys any more (do they ?!?)

It would be possible to get a new key - the code will be stamped on the old one. But they cost £25 or so from Lexus.

I agree with you that locking nuts/bolts are a waste of space these days.

I had a deal of pain with my daughter's Peugeot 208 earlier this year - she bought it as new but pre-reg. She asked me to look at the brakes when she got an advisory following a service - no key in the place in the tool kit. Pug dealers unable to supply a new key without the code. I drilled out one of the locking  bolts (which took an hour or so and several drill bits), then my talented neighbour made a new key in his workshop and we removed the others and replaced them with plain bolts.

Now that's a talented neighbour worth having.

My neighbour had a a knackered locking wheel nut on his '98 Ford Granada Cosworth. I found a sacrificial socket in my spares box (think it was an old Whitworth size)... beat it over the wheel nut and got it off with a bit of grunting with the extended socket arm. Ruined the socket but got the nut off!

🙂 he was well chuffed as he'd struggled all afternoon with it 

Had a similar problem on my old car with the locking nut, had puncture knackered the locking nut trying to get it off. Cue leaving car overnight until mate could get it off with an old socket AND got ticket for parking in a controlled zone lol. 

My advice, just get nuts and forget the locking nut, don't think there is a market for old Lexus alloys