and brakes well .

couple of pics attached 

not the best as i was so engrossed in putting it all together 

that I totally forgot 

Re assembly time from start to test drive 3 hours 48 mins 

and that was with endless coffee breaks 

all torqued up to right lbs and will recheck all in a few days 

new set up came from Taiwan ..Paid Wednesday UK time  in the evening 

all arrived at my premises this morning at 11,30 am...

Superb Service 

20180813_154046.thumb.jpg.df9aad68c0d3d29cae5564d116d34697.jpg20180813_185219.thumb.jpg.01f3d2357007c5cd842fff5150acee31.jpg20180813_185237.thumb.jpg.87bf6b7837451122efae2f12e05ce7aa.jpg20180813_153913.thumb.jpg.2dbc7a6c67c773604f2d06341e6fe51d.jpg20180813_185247.thumb.jpg.255f8020d64b044de9dc1a4dde0572e6.jpg20180813_153955.thumb.jpg.a5e4b0f184276b31f40fcdfc7812db55.jpg

20180813_153957.thumb.jpg.6e0f035bbca3d02de5e62f05f1ce5bbf.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic, I'll be in Brighton again on Thursday so I may just call in for another look.  As I said before, this'll be great information for anyone with air suspension concerns. Well done!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been looking at a set of coilovers for ages now.  Just waiting on the right excuse to order them!

Good to know they doesn't upset the ride too much.  One thing I'd advise is to clabber the adjustment collars and threads in marine grease or something similar.  It won't look pretty but it will protect them from the salt and water they will see over winter.  

I don't see a make in the pics, how do they stack up to BC and D2 brands?

• Like 1

bought these on eBay a user called pb_brakes2   they are based in Taiwan

excellent communication from start to finish 

and superb delivery 

I ordered from UK Wednesday night and they arrived Monday mid morning 

prepare to pay about £90 on top import duty 

Yes good idea re greasing, have not yet as i used the car extensively last night to bed them in 

and i will remove the wheels tomorrow to recheck all tight as torqued up 

also need to get 2 tyres replaced and have a bit of a screech on corners at low speed so probably need to 

adjust the camber i have already noticed i need to lift front springs about another inch as it sits lowish 

light height adjusters seem to work as it says on the tin and as for the ride the seller warns you 

its considerably firmer but i have found it to be very very comfy 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BrightonRX300 said:

SPEC Sheet link for RX300

http://media.lexus.ca/internal_redirect/cms.ipressroom.com.s3.amazonaws.com/197/files/20144/2002_RX_300_specs_eng.pdf

use ful for the stock height settings to get correct wheel camber if converting 

The 'rear view mirror with digital compass' sounds intriguing!

I would be interested to know the reaction of your insurers.

My Ls430 has air suspension and I have long considered the options open to me if an air strut fails. An imponderable for me has been the insurance situation.

Pleased you are happy with the ride. 

I sold the car to good an offer to turn down 

And I have a motor traders policy so does not affect me lol 

I pay approx £2000 a year can change cars as often as I like and list up to 6 on the policy 

Cheap as chips 

On the look out now for an RX400h

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

cant recall now however there is a thread somewhere to disconnect dashboard symbol 

i am sure i removed the compressor fuse not sure about rest .

and remember to make sure car is on the correct height setting before you remove parts 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd quite like to stance a pre-facelift gen1 rx300 on coilovers. My 2001 gs300 is dropped on Tein Street Basis Z units. Admiral wanted 26 quid for declaring coilovers, wheels and exhaust - but I do have other daily driver cars that I can use and the gs300 is only on for less than 2k miles pa, hence the surprisingly low extra cost (pretty much all of that is their admin fee).

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi Eric

I have a complete set of hardly used coilovers which were fitted to my 2004 RX300 SE. (together with fitting instructions) They have been used for a couple of weeks and then there was a major fault with the gearbox and I had to let the car go, but not before I had the coilovers removed. They were supplied by PB Coilovers from Taiwan and cost £789 plus import duty.

If you would like to buy them I have them here in Kingswinford.  Perhaps you would like to email me:- dingley-jones@blueyonder.co.uk  to chat about them.  They are in individual boxes and are quite heavy so collection would perhaps be better than posting.

I am sure we could negotiate a price satisfactory to us both.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Godfrey

4 hours ago, Loftysan said:

Hi. I am looking to have the same thing done to my Lexus rx300 (2004) Could you please give me the details of your supplier. Many thanks for your help. Best regards. Eric

If you look further up the thread you'll see that the OP bought them from PB Coilovers in Taiwan (via eBay) which are the same ones as Godfrey is selling, so it seems like you've dropped lucky there if you can work out a deal with him.

• Like 1

Hi Eric

I wonder whether you have seen my message posted last Friday?  If you are interested in possibly buying my almost new coilovers please give me a ring on 01384 350465 and we can have a chat about them.  I am willing to negotiate a price that hopefully will be acceptable to us both.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Godfrey

• 4 weeks later...

hi, I read the whole discussion, I would also like to turn the air suspension into coilovers, but here in Italy there are no specialized workshops in lexus, I ask for some information on how to intervene on the height control module, or where to find some information, thanks for the answers and excuse the language (google translator) Ermanno

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links