Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Man Vs Food

Evening all.

Been taking a look at the various stopping points and some suitable eateries to save us having a gaggle/flock/herd of hungry F owners wandering about as lack-of-food-related anger sets in.

Did a fair bit of Googling and Trip Advisering and the following look like some good options for the associated legs of the trip. These are just suggestions of course so feel free to do your own research and post any suggestions;

Leg-1 Matlock - Late Breakfast

Parking here will be on street as close as we can get to this place but it’ll just be a quick stop for tea and bacon rolls so we’ll pretty much be stood by the cars anyway.

Matlock Cafe, 9 Bakewell Rd, Matlock DE4 3AU

According to all accounts this gaff does the best bacon rolls in Matlock.

Leg-2 Buxton - Lunch

Loads of choice here. All the guides say to park by the Old Hall Hotel and walk back past the Crescent and Opera House then take your pick. We’ve got 90 minutes scheduled and we’ll obviously be eating here later on so, personally, I’ll be eating pretty light at lunch then a decent meal later on. A few good options are shown below;

Cafe at the Green Pavillion, 4 Terrace Road, Buxton, SK17 6 DR

No. 6 The Square, 6 The Square, Buxton, SK17 6AZ

The Lone Star Cafe Bar, Old Court House, George Street, Buxton SK17 6AY

Leg-3 Ladybower Inn - Refreshments

By far the easiest choice...... we are already there.

Leg-4 Buxton - Dinner (or “Tea” if you are a proper Northerner)

Back in Buxton and the choices are far wider for the evenings entertainment. I’m not sure how many of us will be staying around here other than the overnighters but if any day trippers are planning a brief respite before heading on home then the Premier Inn, where the overnighters are staying, has a decent bar so we can chill for a while and finish off the day. Any wishing to join the overnighters for food can stay on. Let’s assess numbers on the day and those of you with phones that weren’t made in the late 17th century can take a look at TripAdvisor and pick a suitable gaff for us all to grace with our presence.

Any comments or suggestions are always welcome. Really looking forward to this now!

• Like 4

I’m easy and as for beer 🤔......hopefully someone will reign me in 😂........hitting the floor at the end of the evening isn’t unheard of 😂🤣 (not in a violent way) I might add.......more a splendid stagger and a thud 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2