Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reverting back to Lexus default maps is normal, mine does the same and I've heard that Grom are looking at a workaround although it's not a major issue after all, how many times would you really reverse in a typical journey?

CarPlay works just fine using the method posted a few posts back, once it's activated it works perfectly, absolutely flawless with not a single problem.  It jumps straight into CarPlay once the usb is connected without any prompt.

The new manufactured units come with Android 8.1 although they encountered issues when updating existing units, they say they are still on course for a release this month.

Fair enough if that is the norm and yes just pressing the 'Audio' button gets it back up, but I was asking around because of post #3 in my thread here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/912734-vline-vl2-and-reverse.html

paul m.

6 minutes ago, Texas said:

Fair enough if that is the norm and yes just pressing the 'Audio' button gets it back up, but I was asking around because of post #3 in my thread here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/912734-vline-vl2-and-reverse.html

paul m.

Hmmm, I've spoken to Grom about this who've told me they are unable to implement a return to Vline after reverse although looking at his signature, he has a GS350 which doesn't use the same Vline box as the IS250, maybe it's been possible to fix on some vehicles?

"The new manufactured units come with Android 8.1 although they encountered issues when updating existing units, they say they are still on course for a release this month"

so am I right in thinking I prob got 7.1  ( although I thought I saw 5.1 somewhere in the settings !) running now then? And if 8.1 comes along ( this month...it's the 28 Feb today!!) is that gonna be more stable/faster or what other advantages?

paul m.

All noted on the GS and IS differences.

2 minutes ago, Texas said:

"The new manufactured units come with Android 8.1 although they encountered issues when updating existing units, they say they are still on course for a release this month"

so am I right in thinking I prob got 7.1  ( although I thought I saw 5.1 somewhere in the settings !) running now then? And if 8.1 comes along ( this month...it's the 28 Feb today!!) is that gonna be more stable/faster or what other advantages?

paul m.

All noted on the GS and IS differences.

Grom never pushed 7.1... it was the original plan although 8.1 was announced fairly soon afterwards so they decided to concentrate on that version.

I think the changes will be minimal although I'm looking forward to the updated version of Google Maps, the 5.1 version is terrible, white roads with no outlines makes it very difficult to use during the day time.

Never done 7.1 you say, but this is their site today.

image.png

So as I have done OTA updates recently and previous posted pic shows soft/firmware is upto date will it be 7.1 now, and awaiting 8.1 hopefully sometime soon.

Just now, Texas said:

Never done 7.1 you say, but this is their site today.

image.png

Yes, that's wrong.  Look at the asterix next to 7.1 then read the explanation below..  They then changed their mind and decided on 8.1 although didn't update any of their product pages.  It's very misleading, they have a great product although the business seems very poorly run.

Just got a reply from GROM about the 8.1 OS and they want $15 for the upgrade which I think is a bit rich when I just paid over £500 ( $650)  with a unit running 5.1. This ( 8.1 OS System ) comes on a Micro SD card as it is not able to be installed OTA as 5.1 can't handle that!

https://gromaudio.com/store/accessories/firmware-f-a81sdc.html

13 hours ago, Texas said:

Just got a reply from GROM about the 8.1 OS and they want $15 for the upgrade which I think is a bit rich when I just paid over £500 ( $650)  with a unit running 5.1. This ( 8.1 OS System ) comes on a Micro SD card as it is not able to be installed OTA as 5.1 can't handle that!

https://gromaudio.com/store/accessories/firmware-f-a81sdc.html

Just heard the same, that is beyond belief!  

Talk about Harsh, £510  spent on a unit with an OS from  2014 and an 'update to 7.1 was supposed to happen last year!

Just recieved this from GROM

""Your item was delivered on 29-01-2019.
Your tracking number states the VLine was delivered at the end of January. The forum states that we will provide the update for any orders placed after February 1, 2019."

Spend your money wisely Guys, 

paul m.

image.png

9 hours ago, Texas said:

Talk about Harsh, £510  spent on a unit with an OS from  2014 and an 'update to 7.1 was supposed to happen last year!

Just recieved this from GROM

""Your item was delivered on 29-01-2019.
Your tracking number states the VLine was delivered at the end of January. The forum states that we will provide the update for any orders placed after February 1, 2019."

Spend your money wisely Guys, 

paul m.

image.png

What's even funnier is the cost to get it to the UK

33opjsw.jpg

😄 😄

Yes, hilarious  isn’t it? And like Grom are so on the button with all things to do with dates!!!! They consistently fail to deliver upgrades on dates that they set themselves and thentotally miss out on OS editions so that current ones are now so out of date cannot be updated OTA! And Knock me back for being 3 days adrift on Their upgrade eligibility date, mazin,

Spend you money wisely guys.

paul m

• 1 month later...

Scored a 2nd hand unit for £300!

It is 8 months old and Grom confirmed it will be version 5.1.

The SD Card upgrade will be on general sale on the GROM website soon I have been told.

Cant wait to get it installed, but sadly I have to.....my Mrs has locked it up till my birthday in June lol

• 1 month later...

Ha yes that is me! I park there most days.

I assume you live very close then? What colour is your IS?

I haven't actually installed my VLINE2 yet, waiting for my birthday which is beginning of June. But as soon as I have it in and have used the upgrade successfully, I will gladly allow club members to come to me and upgrade theirs too.

46 minutes ago, Billnick said:

Dont see why not. Though I see you're in Kent, you can always come to me in Welling and install it for nothing.

Nice gesture mate, used to work in Welling for many years, is the Moon and Sixpence still standing??  I'd happily contribute towards your beer fund for an update at some stage 🙂

Ha no, The Moon and Six' died a death many years ago. I actually DJ'd there a few times as a youngster.

It's now a Tesco Express as with most closed pubs.....

I will come back onto this thread once I have installed and upgraded myself, and then everyone is free to visit me for an upgrade (subject to my availability of course).

Just now, Billnick said:

Ha no, The Moon and Six' died a death many years ago. I actually DJ'd there a few times as a youngster.

It's now a Tesco Express as with most closed pubs.....

I will come back onto this thread once I have installed and upgraded myself, and then everyone is free to visit me for an upgrade (subject to my availability of course).

You wouldn't know Paul Adams by any chance would you?  He also DJ'd there many years ago