Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Billnick said:

Hi all,

I just purchased the 8.1 upgrade micro SD £14.99 +pp

https://gromaudio.co.uk/products/accessories/vline-vl2-android-8-1-upgrade-microsd-card.html

 

Hope the 'upgrade' to 8.1 goes swimmingly and you don't get any problems ( fingers crossed knowing all things Grom! )

Question? Is there going to be anything remarkable with having 8.1 installed?

Just after I installed my VL2 I tried loading the Netflix app but it was not compatable, do you know if it will be with 8.1 installed?

cheers Paul m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

4 hours ago, Texas said:

Hope the 'upgrade' to 8.1 goes swimmingly and you don't get any problems ( fingers crossed knowing all things Grom! )

Question? Is there going to be anything remarkable with having 8.1 installed?

Just after I installed my VL2 I tried loading the Netflix app but it was not compatable, do you know if it will be with 8.1 installed?

cheers Paul m.

I remembered you mentioned the Netflix issue previously so I had a look today, installed properly and works perfectly in my car, maybe the app has been updated since you last tried?

 

2qipifk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have the VL1, is the VL2 that much better? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, baviaannl said:

I remembered you mentioned the Netflix issue previously so I had a look today, installed properly and works perfectly in my car, maybe the app has been updated since you last tried?

 

2qipifk.jpg

That's encouraging! Gonna have to go out and attempt to install it again, But gotta ask Lee, what version of android do you have in use the 5.1 or 8.1? 

Just worked out you must still be using the 5.1 as you have asked to 'borrow' Billy's 8.1 SD card! 

I might be cheeky and ask the same but as the saying goes 'if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it' might mean I leave it a while?

paul m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Texas said:

That's encouraging! Gonna have to go out and attempt to install it again, But gotta ask Lee, what version of android do you have in use the 5.1 or 8.1? 

Just worked out you must still be using the 5.1 as you have asked to 'borrow' Billy's 8.1 SD card! 

I might be cheeky and ask the same but as the saying goes 'if it ain't broke, don't try and fix it' might mean I leave it a while?

paul m.

Hi Paul, I've not upgraded to 8.1 yet, still have 5.1 installed on my head unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All noted, thanks, will endeavour to install Netflix soon as!

paul m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 2:05 PM, Texas said:

Hope the 'upgrade' to 8.1 goes swimmingly and you don't get any problems ( fingers crossed knowing all things Grom! )

Question? Is there going to be anything remarkable with having 8.1 installed?

Just after I installed my VL2 I tried loading the Netflix app but it was not compatable, do you know if it will be with 8.1 installed?

cheers Paul m.

Hi Paul.

I intend to install the hardware and then upgrade to 8.1 immediately so I will not know any differences I am afraid. I just figured would be better to start using it with the latest platform seen as it's only 14.99. People on this thread mainly have reported various issues in 5.1 which should be fixed....only one I can remember is the return to VLINE screen after reversing.

Anyways, it arrived yesterday (2 day delivery). Will update once I have installed everything on the 2nd weekend of June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to add to the 5.1 debate, mine is 100% stable.  8.1 doesn't fix the automatic return to VLine after reverse action, GROM have mentioned that they cannot fix this issue.  Not a real problem though, you maybe engage reverse twice a journey so hardly a deal breaker.

 

I admire your patience waiting 4 weeks to install, I had my garage door open, tools ready whilst waiting for the courier to drop it off 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust me I cant wait....but my Mrs has it all wrapped up for my birthday so....lol

Fair play RE 5.1 and the reverse....you are right, hardly a deal breaker and you'll probably only be reversing at the end of your journey anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Billnick said:

Trust me I cant wait....but my Mrs has it all wrapped up for my birthday so....lol

Fair play RE 5.1 and the reverse....you are right, hardly a deal breaker and you'll probably only be reversing at the end of your journey anyways.

I'm in the habbit now of double clicking the button to get a return to GROM straight after manoeuvre.  The install is pretty straightforward, I have my GPS receiver on my dashboard (passenger side close to the window)  Satellite acquisition is almost instant, I chased the mic cables up through the pillars and it sits next to the rear view mirror.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got the install for vline 2 and did a review video. Check it out if your unsure whether to commit to it. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tweefurs said:

I just got the install for vline 2 and did a review video. Check it out if your unsure whether to commit to it. 

I'm curious, how comes your bar is on the right hand side of your screen?  Is this an option somewhere.  Are you running 8.1 as your screen looks like it has a slightly better resolution than mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest software update changed it to the right and the screen display looks better once you play with the stock display settings. I kept the brightness setting on max and contrast in the middle setting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.