Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's fantastic to be back in a Lexus!

As some of you who have followed my previous thread will know, a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I was going to look at getting a pre-owned Lexus LS600h from the main Lexus dealer in Stoke on Trent. One came up their (briefly) with 101k miles and a day or two over 10 years old. We went to view the car and liked it, considered it for a bit and was then told that another buyer had paid a deposit to secure the car. You snooze, you loose!

Well, in this case, not quite. A few days later I had a phone call to say that the original buyer had pulled out and the car was available. We didn't snooze that time! Deposit paid, car secured and yesterday we went to pick it up. It was quite an occasion! Once the paperwork had been completed within the little booth there, the sales guy pressed a button, the back of the booth turned from frosted glass to clear and there, presented beautifully, was our new car!

20180814_092120.jpg
20180814_092146.jpg
20180814_092443.jpg

It was a quite a shock (in the nicest sense)! The car looked superb. Pretty much everything was expected, with the wheels having been completed refurbished, a super machine policy and interior valet, new front grill and various other bits and pieces to tidy up the car that we had seen two weeks previously. 

Anyway, business called so we had to leave the dealership fairly promptly to drive to Swansea for meetings, followed by a return trip yesterday evening. The car is beautiful to drive. Things that impressed me (which I had forgotten since I'd owned the two LS400s previously);

1. How cosseted you are from the noise of other traffic;

2. The quietness of the engine;

3. The amazing Mark Levinson sound system!

4. The brilliance of adaptive cruise control (a first for me in a car). It made life so easy on the motorway;

5. The supreme comfort and luxury of the interior for the driver and passengers.

6. An average MPG of 32.5 for the 400 miles driven to Swansea and back during the journey which was quite a nice surprise. 

I'm writing this from the swimming pool in Stockport. I've just driven my daughter up here. She lounged in the back, watching her chosen DVD, with wireless headphones and cooled seats. 

The car has a full 3 year manufacturer warranty and I also got a good deal on the service plan. I can't think of many car brands that would have the confidence in the product to offer this on a 10 year old car with 100k miles on it. I bet if I put a private plate on it most people would say it was a new or nearly new car. It really is superb. 

A big thank you to all here for your advice and support. I've missed out on the LS430 and LS460, but the jump from LS400 to LS600h (via a couple of Hondas) is definitely the right one for me!

I know everyone loves pictures. So, here are some poor photos of the car today, a little dirtier than when I picked her up!

20180815_151240_HDR.jpg
20180815_151246.jpg
20180815_151254_HDR.jpg
20180815_151301.jpg
20180815_151321_HDR.jpg
20180815_151328.jpg
20180815_151336_HDR.jpg
20180815_151354_HDR.jpg
20180815_151402_HDR.jpg
20180815_151423.jpg
20180815_151510_HDR.jpg
20180815_151526.jpg
20180815_151532_HDR.jpg
20180815_151536_HDR.jpg
20180815_151600_HDR.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Stunning, Jonathan! Like you say, who else would offer a three year warranty on a car at 10 years and 100k? I know you'll enjoy it.

But tell me more about that magic frosted glass at the dealers, it sounds amazing! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gdh300 said:

Stunning, Jonathan! Like you say, who else would offer a three year warranty on a car at 10 years and 100k? I know you'll enjoy it.

But tell me more about that magic frosted glass at the dealers, it sounds amazing! 

Well, we went into a small room inside the dealership. Table, three chairs, nice decorations etc. We did all the bits and pieces (tax, V5, sales contract, etc) and when that was all done the sales guy said, "Right, let's go and find your new car". We got up to leave the room, but he touched a switch somewhere, the lights dimmed, the back of the room became transparent and he said, something along the lines of, "Your new car is behind you!". There was a door at the back of the room too and we walked through into the garage where the car had been parked all the time! It was quite theatrical really but a lovely touch to make the event memorable and quite special! Great work Lexus Stoke!

• Like 3

A true beauty,  I myself just came back after two Ls400s , Mercedes-Benz  , Volvo, Saab the most reliable and Subaru still have as I love them.

To a GS300, I like it but will buy a LS600 hl in the new year. Soo glad to be BACK,  ps enjoy your excellent  motor.

• Like 1

Many congratulations, well done, she looks a beaut ....................  maybe one day I'll pluck up the courage to follow your lead

........... maybe in 3 years when you come to part with her :biggrin:

Malc

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Yes you do! 

"Go away, Satan. For it is written, 'You are to worship the GS430, and serve him only". Erm... for now? (it's 10 weeks only in the current GS, for Our Lady Enodia's sake!) 😝

But proper LS like above, is a thing of beauty and perfection, no doubts... 😍

• Like 2

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808159517286?postcode=s637sp&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&model=LS%20600H&make=LEXUS&sort=price-asc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&page=1

This is the cheapest one on autotrader, the rear suspension looks a bit low to me? having said that at 336000 miles it still looks good

8 hours ago, harrylime said:

It doesn't look a third of a million miles! Still on the original Battery?

12 hours ago, OldTrout said:

It doesn't look a third of a million miles!

check out the MOT history  :Jumpy:

can't make head nor tail of it tbh

Malc

Very nice one. I personally love wooden steering wheels 🙂 I don't know why in UK GS was without one which forced me to buy new one and swap.

If ES wouldn't be too interesting I most probably end up with LS too in 2-3 years time.