Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It's fantastic to be back in a Lexus!

Steve, that's the problem us old Ls400 /430 owners have ( incl. JPJs ).............  that's the concept of having to look forward to claiming on a Lexus warranty, quibble or not, it's the fact that one has to have the security of the warranty in the first place .......  we're ' inured ' against that concept of having such an unreliable, .............  potentially so,............  car      :rolleyes:

Malc

55 minutes ago, OldTrout said:

Does anyone want me to go and look at it?

If you read it's MOT history it's either had a few changed speedos or summats really weird with the car mileage .........  I'll pass on this one ty

Malc

No point hacking JPJs post on irreverences let alone irrelevances :Jumpy:

Indeed weird.

I wonder though if a leading 1 was missing from the speedo reading in 2013 and 2014. That would make the mileages consistent.

My seats at just over a third of the mileage don't look as good although photos can be deceptive.

John

I could just sit in the car playing with everything, I wonder how many of your neighbours realise that they are looking at a masterpiece of automotive art. Lots of driving holidays ahead. Enjoy.

57 minutes ago, Bluesman said:

Lots of driving holidays ahead.

I feel the same about our Ls400 armchair comfort .......  I'm off on a Grand Tour of Ireland on 4/5th September, returning on 3rd October ...........  reckon about 2.5/3k miles maybe from Kent + sea crossing

I'm reading fuel prices in Eire are less expensive than we are paying here !

Malc

46 minutes ago, Malc said:

I feel the same about our Ls400 armchair comfort .......  I'm off on a Grand Tour of Ireland on 4/5th September, returning on 3rd October ...........  reckon about 2.5/3k miles maybe from Kent + sea crossing

I'm reading fuel prices in Eire are less expensive than we are paying here !

Malc

Sounds fun! Have a great time in the LS!

Thanks for the welcome! What a beaut! I totally agree with your points. Just been to Wednesbury and I didn't stop because like your point regarding comfort, I've never had such luxury.

Jonathan .. Just looked up the pictures of your recently purchased LS600 , looks terrific and congratulations i'm sure the drives back and forth to Stockport for your daughters swimming will be positively serene

Sadly Norway keeps dragging me back to work so have barely put any miles on her since you came to see it , but did take out a warranty with Lexus just for peace of mind , the 600 is without doubt one of the best cars I have ever owned and if your ever near me call in , I would love to see it first hand  

12 hours ago, Gilbert Fudpucker said:

Jonathan .. Just looked up the pictures of your recently purchased LS600 , looks terrific and congratulations i'm sure the drives back and forth to Stockport for your daughters swimming will be positively serene

Sadly Norway keeps dragging me back to work so have barely put any miles on her since you came to see it , but did take out a warranty with Lexus just for peace of mind , the 600 is without doubt one of the best cars I have ever owned and if your ever near me call in , I would love to see it first hand  

Cool. Would be lovely to meet up again and we can compare notes on the two cars! I don't have the reclining rear seat on mine but I really needed some space to transport musical equipment so the folder central arm rest is the better option. I'll get in touch in early September when work kicks off again and hopefully I can find a convenient time to drop by. Have fun in Norway!

• 2 weeks later...

It will be useful to learn what your average consumption turns out to be over several months. I get over 32 on motorways etc but year on year average of 24-ish on  my LS430 (we're in a rural area, so not surprising.)  I'd love to learn what a 600 will average - just in case I ever get the chance. 

Anthony B

Rather than sitting in Morrisons whilst my daughter swims, I've taken to working from the back seat in the LS600h. It is the most comfortable office one could imagine!

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links