Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heater fan noisy - cheap fix

me140

Hi

I've done some more homework. Unfortunately I don't believe you can saw it for 3 individual fuses.

This is the part...

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-ct/lexus-ct-2010-onwards/lexus-ct-engine-service-kits/lexus-ct-phase-1-50a-30a-30a-fusible-link/ 

Part number is 90982-08300 CTP1

Think it retails for £17, but is £13.56 on the site.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future and fixes my issue.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi, great info on this thread. I had similar issue with noisy AC fan on my ct200H. Dealer ask to fix it for $850. I found this page online and follow the instructions. Look at the attached image. The reason for noise was loose blower motor axel and there was crack in locking parts as shown in image. As soon as I took it off it broke apart. I try to glue it but it can't hold the pressure. Can someone tell me whats its call and where can I buy it. As of now it looks like I have to buy the complete $400 blower motor just for this tiny broken part.

Thanks all for putting this together

spacer.png

On 12/2/2020 at 2:35 PM, al dhan said:

Thanks for response. It's right on top of motor and hold it tight. I copied the photo from other post in this thread. Thanks

spacer.png

I don't know if you are sorted but if not you can carefully bend the ring of silver tags up and slide the metal washer off. Then you will be able to swap the plastic part from a cheap donor motor. Put the silver washer back on using a socket only slightly bigger than the shaft and it will bend the tags back if you give it a gentle tap with a hammer.

• 11 months later...

Hello. I have just found this thread. I have the same issue, After taking the fan apart it appears that the bearing / bushings are worn. This  is what I think is causing the issue, has anyone tried to shim these to make them a tighter fit or found replacements? If not I will have to order the one recommended on here. Are they new or second hand? Thanks Geoff

• 1 month later...

My 2012 CT200h F-Sport is making a buzzing sound from the glovebox. Have pulled out the air filter thing from inside glovebox, had some leaves and other bits which I’ve removed.

Unfortunately it’s still buzzing.

Could the fan motor be at risk of imminent failure? Anyone know if this will be covered by the extended warranty?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links