Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250c Heater and Heated seats... Average ??

Spoilt or just getting nesh in my old age ?

Cloudless sky 2.30 am...

13 degrees.

M18 motorway....

Is250c. Roof down.....

Heater on cook mode.

Heated seat on max.

Sweat shirt on.

Sadly not as pleasant temperature wise as the mx5 MK3.5 I had. Need to did my neck snuggle out for sure.....

The mx5 heater was a furnace along with its seat heaters which both would near enough melt flesh...

Don't think I will be roof down into single figure temps with the lex...

Still.. the mark Levinson blows the Bose sound into the weeds sound quality wise. Ride quality, build quality, refinement... say no more..lexus quality quality quality

I do miss the mx5 though for its lack of weight, level of feed back of grip thru the seat of the pants and playful nature tho...particularly in the wet.

043f8d38f95f85a1e2e258e14111b556.jpg&key=c4b9153ff68aadcb814fe7fa2f2d9b96643f392d68a03209c4d3c5b98fbae390

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My fine lady has the roadster version MX5, looks like the same colour. I know what you mean about the heat.

1023554842_sidefront_zps29mlrmhz.JPG.e1c97bbca12c327399cc0e5144acdb33.JPG

It could be a factor of the somewhat smaller cabin area so it feels warmer. I'm not sure.

It might pay to have a check of the cabin filter. If it hasn't been changed for a good while it may be a bit choked with dust and leaf debris. Someone put up a picture a while back of a cabin filter in a LS400 that was absolutely choked with leaf debris. Must admit I find the heater in my 250 is plenty hot enough, but I can't drop the roof on mine!

• Like 2

Thx Normski.
I will check the cabin filter over weekend thx
The colour was aluminium silver. Took me ages to find the one I wanted in that colour.
2litre sport tech.

• Like 1

Yep 2.0ltr Aluminium silver metallic with a smart top controller (so you can open/close the roof whilst on the move ...but not over 35mph)

You do know the routine for examining the cabin filter don't you? If not I can give you a pointer. You don't want to inadvertently break a selector by forcing the lid up.That could be a £1000 repair at Lexus!!!! Apologies if you are familiar with the procedure.

Heck I'll go find and attach it here anyways...its something everyone should know.

Here ya go

• Like 2

Thx Normski. I'd just googled before seeing your post. That could be quite an expensive mistake...!!!!
Euro car parts have 37% off this weekend...
But I've got a visit planned to the Lexus stealers Monday....
Anyone any idea what main agents charge for cabin filter please

Paul

• Like 1

Don't even want to think.

Wait for ECP to do the 50% off deal...pretty regular ....like every week nearly.... and you can get Crossland active charcoal type for £10. 

You can get the plain vanilla type from eBay for as little as £6.

• Like 1

I think heater and heated seats in IS250C are identical to other mk2 IS. They are perfectly adequate in Saloon, but I see your point with roof down they are nowhere powerful enough in convertible ...

On the bright side at least you have heated seats, many other cars don't... but obviously it is not as good as MX5 which was designed as roadster from outset and therefore they figured out it will need better seat heaters.

• Like 1

Hi I have both cars ,and have been driving them side by side for 3 years (not at the same time !)  The MX 5 has a much smaller cabin and the engine coolant capacity is much less so the cabin is easy to keep hot; also there is no filter in the air con system to obstruct the air flow .I find the heated seats in the lexus fine ,but the heater is not as hot and in the winter takes a long time to really warm up ,although I do drive the lexus in mid winter with the hood down.The music system in the Mazda is not a match for the M L and I have had a few MX5,s over the years and I do not think the Bose is an improvement on the Mazda cheap and cheerful system . Apart from the fantastic road holding on the Mazda I think their fold away hard top is brilliant no re-arranging in the boot like the lexus  . The cabin in the Lexus is less turbulent than the Mazda in my opinion

Dave

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links