Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help

scott altez

Hi Guys

2 questions today does anybody know a repair shop that can fix toyota cd/minidisk/tv players most people i speak to won't look at it because they can't get parts for it being an import.

Also does the RS200 come with an immobiliser as standard hooked up to the alarm

reason i ask is i need to get another key cut and toyota are having a laugh at £150 can get one cut at my local key cut place for £10 but if the car has an immobiliser as standard and transponder is in the key then all i will be able to do with that key is open doors manually and not drive it which is no good.Any ideas

cheers

:D :D :D

Heres some more usefull imformation for you all.Been busy this week if any of ya have problems with your import car stereos found a place called RADIOWAVES car audio www.rwca.co.uk TEL 01324 888818 that can fix most models and can seem to get his hand on most spares for jap import car stereos directly from japan .So looks like 2 results in one week Stereo is getting fixed so should have original unit back in car soon.

Hope this is usefull

Cheers

Most cars on sale in Japan don't have an alarm or immobiliser so these are fitted when the car is brought in to the UK (even the regular IS's are upgraded once in Europe) So it's unlikely that you'll have a problem. Then again my car doesn't have an alarm so I could be talking rubbish

Most cars on sale in Japan don't have an alarm or immobiliser so these are fitted when the car is brought in to the UK (even the regular IS's are upgraded once in Europe) So it's unlikely that you'll have a problem. Then again my car doesn't have an alarm so I could be talking rubbish

Yeah i know found out that not all RS Altezzas have immobiliser built in as standard from new, mine has an aftermarket immobiliser that has been fitted when imported into uk.looking at posts in "keys" looks like some do come with an immobiliser built in from new and some don't.Looks like luck of the draw so to speak.Most key cutting type places have a machine that can check if your key has a transponder in it.Other way to check is to open key and take out plip part and keep it well away from car and try to start it, as GDS suggested in a post.If car starts you can get key cut from £5-£10. :D :D

Might have found a place that can offer copy keys that will open doors like original,

guy says it depends on frequency of toyota key wether he can program it or not and if he can it will be miles cheaper than toyota.Got to pop car round at weekend so let you know how i get on.