Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought this!!!

Guest bigbullhead

Looks OK in the pictures and I assume you are aware it is a cat D insurance write off?

Taking the cat D into account not a bad price, check it very carefully for the repairs carried out and remember the marker will make the resale price lower and put many potential buyers off.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F163201781519
bought this but not payed yet thought I would ask for thoughts from members on here
Wow - that's an insane price for that spec.
It says It's category D - so was an insurance write off, but no list of what what rebuilt - so a definite gamble.
I'd have a serious mechanical check before parting with my cash.
If It's straight, it's a hell of a car for that price

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I'd want to know exactly what happened and where the damage was.

The price is OK. Not mind blowing as it's a CAT D and very unlikely someone will buy it if putting up for sale

11 minutes ago, rayaans said:

True but I mean in the future!

I would.  I think there's far too much stigma about cat d cars, of course I'd want evidence of previous damage.

Guest bigbullhead

Been told now a light is on the dash and he said its a module that needs replacing on the front but you would of thought he would of done it also said he bought it for 12500 In a PX also he sells higher end cars(  enter than Lexus ) so now it’s probably too good to be true 

Been told now a light is on the dash and he said its a module that needs replacing on the front but you would of thought he would of done it also said he bought it for 12500 In a PX also he sells higher end cars(  enter than Lexus ) so now it’s probably too good to be true 
Listing doesn't mention a warning light, no mention of anything wrong with it - so you should have no problem pulling out of the transaction. Not as listed.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Guest bigbullhead

Pulled out of deal now as although he said he would sort the items out I was not sure about and although I really wanted it I have  reluctantly decided no

2 hours ago, bigbullhead said:

Pulled out of deal now as although he said he would sort the items out I was not sure about and although I really wanted it I have  reluctantly decided no

I'm sure you've made the right decision, even if it's just for your own peace of mind.

6 hours ago, bigbullhead said:

Good choice. There shouldn't be any module issues or lights on a car with less than 60k on it

Guest bigbullhead

Last question!!what is the top spec car in the is300h that mirrors roughly the se-l of the old is250 as when I do look again I would like some decent toys

4 hours ago, bigbullhead said:

Last question!!what is the top spec car in the is300h that mirrors roughly the se-l of the old is250 as when I do look again I would like some decent toys

Premier pre facelift or F Sport with Premier Pack/Premier facelift

Top of the range is Premier. You may well see adverts of Premium Premier. Both my is300h''s were that.

You made the right choice dropping out of that deal. CAT d''s are a beggar to insure

4 hours ago, bigbullhead said:

When specced out fully even the first cars will have more gadgets than new cars today.

We intially went for premium spec for the memory seats/reversing camera but than than added the safety kit option which gives you adaptive cruise control, lane keep warning, blind spot monitoring etc, not sure if there are any more gadgets you would want?

Am keen to replace our IS300H for a full EV but interms of value for money/running costs its a hard case to win.

Ours is now just over 3 years old, did some ownership costs recently.£10 annual road tax, 50mpg and 7k per year so just £700 a year in fuel, MOT and servicing will be £200ish, no risk of been banned from city centres unlike a gaggle of diesels, and absolutly 0 reliability worries. Swapping to a brand new car would cost substantially more, and I can see deprecation really slowing on these cars.

Get a Premium spec one or F sport and I don't think your be missing much (if any) gadgets. But avoid crashed cars, the hybrid system on these things are very reliable but not really deisgned to be fiddled with. There are enough used cars around to not need take a risk on a written off one.

1 hour ago, DanD said:

I'm a bit confused: when I follow the link, I get to see a CT200h with 153k miles for £6.2k. Huh?

Yep it's changed now because other listing has ended

I've read articles on it and did comparison site searches. Not as many companies quote and those that do the quotes were around 3 to 5 hundred quid more. I searched for BMW's mainly 3.0litre and above.

15 hours ago, rayaans said:

Yep it's changed now because other listing has ended

Fair enough. I thought that each advert would have a unique reference. Thanks.