Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS600H, my new car but problems since the first day.

2 hours ago, Northern isf said:

That could have easily been lethal if you were travelling on a motorway and it disintegrated like that. I would certainly be taking pictures as you say it was leaking air since you got it. Id be pushing for a few grand back at least or maybe visit his place of work and accidentally spill paint stripper on some of his stock!

Looks like it was mounted on the INSIDE of the wheel ?

If so, that is deception of the highest order.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

That is ONE of the correct sizes Jake.I would not have less than 50x18 myself.

Size recommend by Lexus, though I might try 235 x50 when I need new tyres.

"I got £1000 off due to i knew the pads all round needed done from previous MOT Failure, but when booked in with Lexus to fit and supply new pads they say all disc are needing done which set me back at £800 for disc and pads all round plus the diagnostic check."

Did Lexus not spot that when they fitted the brakes? that looks very bad and is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 1

It wasn't like that all the time - I assume. Such cracks are results of driving with low pressure.  When there is no air cushion inside whole weight is taken by the rubber walls which is way too much so it cracked and split.

On 9/24/2018 at 1:21 PM, Vlady said:

When is the car due MOT? I assume something like this should noted then when it had last MOT!

Next MOT is Due on 9/1/19

On 9/24/2018 at 3:05 PM, cruisermark said:

"I got £1000 off due to i knew the pads all round needed done from previous MOT Failure, but when booked in with Lexus to fit and supply new pads they say all disc are needing done which set me back at £800 for disc and pads all round plus the diagnostic check."

Did Lexus not spot that when they fitted the brakes? that looks very bad and is a disaster waiting to happen.

Lexus did not report anything and they done a full health check also.

Brought a set of tyres and fitted all 4 last night, washed the car tonight and parked inside my garage to work on the car, heard air leaking out from the tyre valve tube.

There is also no screw left on the tip so therefor i cannot screw a plastic dust cap on.

Looking to fix this problem, could i fix this going to a local tyre garage or would there be a sensor that i will need to order with it?

Problem after problem  --_--!!

42719822_457255871434603_9143980249288015872_n.jpg

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, xanavi22 said:

Brought a set of tyres and fitted all 4 last night, washed the car tonight and parked inside my garage to work on the car, heard air leaking out from the tyre valve tube.

There is also no screw left on the tip so therefor i cannot screw a plastic dust cap on.

Looking to fix this problem, could i fix this going to a local tyre garage or would there be a sensor that i will need to order with it?

Problem after problem  --_--!!

42719822_457255871434603_9143980249288015872_n.jpg

From your description it sound like you need a new valve core fitted. This is no big deal any tyre fitter will change it for pennies or free in minutes without removing the wheel from the car.

If this is not the case a new valve with TPMS sender will be needed at about £40 or more than double that at Lexus. A normal rubber valve can be fitted, but you will end up with a low tyre warning light on the dash. This may be required until you can get a valve with the TPMS.

John. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links