Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Looking for tyre recommendations for gen4 RX450H FSport. Wanted Michelin Latitude Tour but they are only available in H rating and currently Crossclimates not available in 20". Want something quiet with decent fuel rating. Currently have Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 050 on but they are rather pricey and only E rated for fuel economy and seem quite difficult to find in 235/55 R20.

Can get thses for £159 each delivered with £25 fitting for two Yokohama Advan Sport (V103) 235/55 R20 102V

I've got Goodyear Vector 4Seasons Gen 2s on my 2013 RX450h Advance and they are excellent. Definitely not cheap at about £180 each but really, REALLY good tyres.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chris_fletcher said:

Hi,

Looking for tyre recommendations for gen4 RX450H FSport. Wanted Michelin Latitude Tour but they are only available in H rating and currently Crossclimates not available in 20". Want something quiet with decent fuel rating. Currently have Dunlop SP Sport Maxx 050 on but they are rather pricey and only E rated for fuel economy and seem quite difficult to find in 235/55 R20.

Can get thses for £159 each delivered with £25 fitting for two Yokohama Advan Sport (V103) 235/55 R20 102V

I went for the Bridgestone Dueler H/L which were fitted originally on mine. No issues at all and quiet. Well quiet enough anyway because I can't hear any tyre noise whatsoever. 

The Advan Sport are high performance tyres and will wear out quick, even quicker than the OEM Lexus fitments (Dunlop/Bridgestone) which will only do about 17-20k on the 4RX. 

Also, looking at  the tread pattern on the Advan Sport, they will be extremely difficult in snow, whereas the Bridgestones are actually OK.

Thanks Rayaans. Did you say in a previous post that you bought mail order and had them fitted at Lexus Bradford? They have quoted the £25 a pair to fit. The Bridgestones are £344 delivered from Blackcircles and cant find them cheaper

9 minutes ago, chris_fletcher said:

Thanks Rayaans. Did you say in a previous post that you bought mail order and had them fitted at Lexus Bradford? They have quoted the £25 a pair to fit. The Bridgestones are £344 delivered from Blackcircles and cant find them cheaper

Yep Bradford fitted them for the same cost for me too which I think is entirely reasonable since they also cleaned the car inside and out.

£172 seems to be the going rate for them yes. Use Topcashback for roughly 2% back

WOrth talking to your dealer: they got me the best price for Cross Climates (for an NX), which they sourced from 3 different places because of the scarce availability, AND fitted them for free.

1 hour ago, chris_fletcher said:

Thanks DanD will try them before I order from Blackcircles. Am going for the Bridgestone Dueller. Disappointed that the Crosssclimates are not available in 20". Have them on the wifes CRV and they have been excellent

Bridgestone have just released some all season tyres in a lot of sizes. The IS F Sport size is one of them so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on those when the IS needs changing.

They've said they'll do 20" ones too so hopefully we'll get some AS tyres in RX size

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Bridgestone have just released some all season tyres in a lot of sizes. The IS F Sport size is one of them so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on those when the IS needs changing.

They've said they'll do 20" ones too so hopefully we'll get some AS tyres in RX size

Have checked the Bridgestone web site and they currenty dont even do the Weather Control A005 in 19" let alone 20" in 235/55 😞

12 hours ago, chris_fletcher said:

Have checked the Bridgestone web site and they currenty dont even do the Weather Control A005 in 19" let alone 20" in 235/55 😞

Yep they havent released them in the larger sizes yet but will be soon. Depends on whether its RX size though or the more popular sizes

11 hours ago, rayaans said:

Yep they havent released them in the larger sizes yet but will be soon. Depends on whether its RX size though or the more popular sizes

Well I have about a month max before the tyres are bodereline illegal so will almost certainly have to get the Duellers in a week or so

11 hours ago, chris_fletcher said:

Well I have about a month max before the tyres are bodereline illegal so will almost certainly have to get the Duellers in a week or so

Duelers are fine no issues with them tbh and quiet.