Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a 1999 LS 400. Can anyone please confirm whether the wipers fitted are the correct size ?, they are 21" and 15". Also, the fitting on the driver's side looks unnecessarily complicated. Can anyone advise how the wiper arm comes off, what position the wiper must be in etc. thanks in advance

14 hours ago, harrylime said:

Also, the fitting on the driver's side looks unnecessarily complicated

it is, I've only ever left it to my indy to change the wiper rubbers .....  never changed the actual blades........  he did once and cursed .............

I buy the Lexus / Toyota wiper rubbers, about every 3 years, 35k miles or so  OEM lasts so well............. about £26 these last ones, much better than other rubbers on my other cars where I've used run-of-the-mill wiper rubbers from my indys usual suppliers, like Ajay or EuroCPs etc at say £3 a pop

Malc

I'm amazed how long these blades last.

In previous cars I replaced the blades every 18-24 months. My 430 is now nearly 3 years and going strong. I think it is because they are 'parked' below the bonnet line and out of the sun, so less deterioration.

• Like 2