Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Folding Mirrors Retro Fit

Stillalive

Morning all,

I need some help regarding the retro fit of an auto folding mirror module.

Can someone help me with the colour coding of the wires that connect to the drivers door window module.

Any posts links please attach thanks in advance.

55 Plate IS250 SE-L XE20

Kind regards

You need a kit called Po-40 and I assume you already have it, in that case I guess it would be best to contact the seller for instructions. I know there were few differences in terms of wiring from year to year, so it is hard to advise. Try looking at links below:

• 4 months later...

I think the original inventor/developer/vendor of the PO-40 module was an Australian ( can't recall his name right now) and his back up technical help service via email was superb. Alas sadly I think he may have 'moved on' to other projects and the device/principle may have been copied by the Asians, to what quality control level I do not know but I suspect that the original prob came from round there anyway!

paul m.

I fitted a Po40 to my car about a year ago. I bought from a really helpful guy in Australia called Michael. He obtained the kits from a manufacturer in Asia, I seem to recall it was Malaysia. 

I had a few issues with the colours of the car's loom not matching the colours stated in the instructions that came with the kit. Once Michael had sent me instructions showing the function of each wire in the Po40 it was a simple job to match these to the wires in the loom wire in, even for me. An auto electrician would be able to do this quickly and easily if you don't fancy it. The hardest part of the whole job was getting the door panel off; you really have to pull it hard.

In summary I believe the kits were always Asian, and in my experience work well and are easy to install. I'd suggest you order one and give it a try

Good luck

'What he said'...especially the door card bit!

I too fitted the device and apparently there was a change of wire colours during production which threw the printed instructions a bit sideways! All sorted in the end by using the courtesy light supply in the bottom right of the drivers door. So yes for the price I also would  give it a punt. 

If/when you go for it and have any doubts you can always post any 'instructions' that came with it.

paul m.

I also used the courtesy light supply from the bottom right of the door. If I remember correctly that was the final part of the jigsaw to get the whole thing working.