Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Probably never likely to have keyless entry, I did read this thread in the early hours which may help with  temporary fix.

Glad its not something I have to worry about.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/115417-hopefully-stop-the-thieving-bs/

1 hour ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Probably never likely to have keyless entry

what do you mean? I am not looking for pouches. I am looking to disable the key fob from transmitting for keyless entry.

There is one suggestion how it can be done in this thread  

If I had keyless entry my preference would be to disable it. Have we really got to the point at which pressing a key fob is so inconvenient?

24 minutes ago, harrylime said:

There is one suggestion how it can be done in this thread  

If I had keyless entry my preference would be to disable it. Have we really got to the point at which pressing a key fob is so inconvenient?

yeah it is the same one I read about however I do not see the light blinking 4 times to confirm but i will go test it at my car later to see if it worked.

You can turn the fob off. But when you press a button it re-activates.

In my car there is a menu item in settings to turn keyless off but not sure if that applies to all cars.

When you can buy something as simple as toasty pre-prepared with all the associated packaging, waste and transport costs..... You know it's the end of civilisation right? 5237f002ce4e809c7cdbc3cc8a30b7b3.jpg

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Jay, I am honestly trying to be helpful saying this, but have you looked in your manual? For my LS430, just one year before your model there is a button on the dash which simply switches it on and off.

8 hours ago, GrahamG said:

Jay, I am honestly trying to be helpful saying this, but have you looked in your manual? For my LS430, just one year before your model there is a button on the dash which simply switches it on and off.

sure I have but it is a BIG manual I might have missed it ... don't think so but anything is possible what section is yours in? maybe would help me check THANKS

Take a look in section 6.2 Customisation.

If your paper handbook is the same as the online version disabling the Smart Access system is the first in the list. Only settable by your friendly Lexus dealership.

https://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/document/om-s/OM50738U/pdf/OM50738U.pdf

34 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

If your paper handbook is the same as the online version disabling the Smart Access system is the first in the list. Only settable by your friendly Lexus dealership.

Which probably means that they use Techstream to do it.

@jdanielca - if you have a laptop you could buy one of these miniVCI cables from eBay, download Techstream from Toyota free of charge and pay two or three quid for a block of time to use it. Techstream is very useful for all sorts of things, so well worth doing it in my opinion.

Dont people sell pirated techstream like the dealer uses? I was reading bout cables and apparently there are different versions I need to read up about it... I wonder if it can be used to change my car to metric.... but that is another topic. THANKS I shall check it out.

On my 2002 430 the button is UNDER the dash. You could either feel for it, or get on your knees outside the vehicle and look underneath the dash. It will be on the driver's side (LHD or RHD).

Hope this helps.

11 hours ago, jdanielca said:

Dont people sell pirated techstream like the dealer uses? I was reading bout cables and apparently there are different versions I need to read up about it... I wonder if it can be used to change my car to metric.... but that is another topic. THANKS I shall check it out.

Almost all miniVCI cables sold will come with a pirated copy of Techstream but, of course, piracy is not a good thing so I didn't want to be seen condoning it. Whatever you do, even if you decide to legitimately download from Toyota, you'll need a cable anyway but yes, you're almost certain to get a copy of Techstream with it.

• Thanks 1