Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mirrorlink Issues - IS300H

Hi all,

I have been trying to connect up my phone to the car display but cannot for the life of me get it to work.

I have the standard nav and when i plug my phone in to the usb port the phone screen goes blank and says that the phone and cat are now connected via mirrorlink, but nothing happens!!

What am i doing wrong??

Thanks in advance, Adrian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adrian 300H said:

Hi all,

I have been trying to connect up my phone to the car display but cannot for the life of me get it to work.

I have the standard nav and when i plug my phone in to the usb port the phone screen goes blank and says that the phone and cat are now connected via mirrorlink, but nothing happens!!

What am i doing wrong??

Thanks in advance, Adrian.

You have to go on the menu > info> mirrorlink

Have you tried this?

2 hours ago, Adrian 300H said:

Just tried that and the option along with the usb options are all greyed out, i assume this means it is not available?

There is a way to get it to work but I haven't done it in ages. Think the phone mirror link needs to be turned on first 

When I first got mine I tried unsuccessfully. From what I read the car has mirror link version 1, and most modern phones have a higher non backwards compatible version. Hope I'm Wrong as would love to get it working.

Pre Facelift models were Mirrorlink 1.0 and it only came when you didn't have Navigation of any sort.   With the Facelift models everything with Standard Nav has mirrorlink and it is now version 1.1   This is important because Mirrorlink 1.1 locks your phone out when in use.

Checkout my post when I got my current Sport, I have it working fine, but its an absolute bag of nails.   

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/112603-new-sport-mirrorlink-works/?tab=comments#comment-1007276

Sygic for Satnav is awful, even the standard Nav is better,  and Rockscout for Spotify should be a winner but I have yet to get it to play a song all the way through without it cutting out for a few seconds.   So I just gave up and use Tom Tom on the phone and Spotify over Bluetooth.

I tried 3 mirrorlink phones too, my current Huawei P10, a HTC M9 and by far the best of the bunch was an old Samsung S6 but it's just all far too buggy.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I was finally able to connect my mobile phone, model without nav. steps to follow:

1-install lg mirror drive 1.2.1.2 (install Aptoide app and change the version to 1.2.1.2) you don´t need car mode, i suceed without it.

2-install rock scout

3-erase some data and cache from  lg and rockscout

4-restart phone

5-open mirrorlink, then lg, then rockscout, open youtube and back twice

6-now the final step, open lg, and quickly open rockscout, before it opens get back to the mirrorlink and usb screen

7-click on mirrorscreen and now the phone screen appears.

I hope you succeed

It’s sad that you need to do this kind of bull**** tricks in a premium car whereas you can buy a cheap Hyundai which has android auto, apple carplay and a navigator as standard. Shame on Lexus.

374/5000

You're absolutely right, I happened to be lucky after wasting a few good hours.
Lexus and toyota must have some of the worst navigation systems on a visual level, they look like they come from a windows 95 pc.

I got it with note 8 and android 9
I mention that it is important to clear the cache and data and restart the phone. if you fail at first try several times or make other combinations.

I must admit a lot of this discussion is going over my head. I own a brand new NX300h and while the drive is magnificent, the tech is not. In particular, the navigation system is woeful. Takes forever to input a new destination and is inferior to Waze. Is there any chance I can get apple CarPlay anytime soon? 

Honestly i do not know, contact lexus they respond.

Check the video link:

The few times I tried I already verified that is not always the same way.

To know when it works is when the flashing lg message appears, it eventually disappears after opening an android app.