Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ipswich

I see others have mentioned the blue Rcf they have just got in stock, but with me having an interest in all things ‘F’ car related I looked a little deeper at the Autotrader advert.

There is a row of pictures on the advert some are very recent but others are from 2015.

So this one contains an Rcf a Gsf and an isF from that year..... not a great picture blown up but....

5609F97C-63D7-4A93-B8C9-D30D98E03F0B.thumb.jpeg.d21f94c398e59bcb34b398d86b02a341.jpeg

It shows the 3 one is a White Carbon I wasn’t aware of which hasn’t been mot’d and has outstanding recalls, wonder if its still on the road.

I know the Gsf and the IsF all 3 reg numbers if any owners on here are...

Rcf    GU15URV 

Gsf.   GX66MGJ

isF.   WN13 WZR

Big Rat

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

I see others have mentioned the blue Rcf they have just got in stock, but with me having an interest in all things ‘F’ car related I looked a little deeper at the Autotrader advert.

There is a row of pictures on the advert some are very recent but others are from 2015.

So this one contains an Rcf a Gsf and an isF from that year..... not a great picture blown up but....

5609F97C-63D7-4A93-B8C9-D30D98E03F0B.thumb.jpeg.d21f94c398e59bcb34b398d86b02a341.jpeg

It shows the 3 one is a White Carbon I wasn’t aware of which hasn’t been mot’d and has outstanding recalls, wonder if its still on the road.

I know the Gsf and the IsF all 3 reg numbers if any owners on here are...

Rcf    GU15URV 

Gsf.   GX66MGJ

isF.   WN13 WZR

Big Rat

On the 30/06/18 I bought the wife an Auris Hybrid from Ipswich, we went down in the F and there wasn’t any F’s to be seen then, I did consider the CT200-h BUT tbh we both preferred the look of the Auris. I’m not saying build quality is or would be the same BUT on a visual aspect the CT looked (dare I say it) more bland 😳

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

On the 30/06/18 I bought the wife an Auris Hybrid from Ipswich, we went down in the F and there wasn’t any F’s to be seen then, I did consider the CT200-h BUT tbh we both preferred the look of the Auris. I’m not saying build quality is or would be the same BUT on a visual aspect the CT looked (dare I say it) more bland 😳

The build quality would be pretty much on par, what wouldn't be on part - standard equipment and materials quality. I have recently driven Auris and driven several CT's and build quality is very satisfactory on Auris,  I even prefer sat-nav control over weird Lexus touch-pad contraption. But say even if you opt for leather in Auris, it would not be same nice and soft Lexus Leather.

@Big Rat - any info on actual blue RC-F they got in stock?

• Like 1

Leather? Lol, u obviously not met the wife, she’s got the excel with a few added options BUT I pulled rank on panoramic roof, having had it on her Qashqai teckna+ it really proved worthless 🙄.....and definitely wouldn’t pay extra for it 😉

I like to joke about Toyota vs. Lexus owners manual - In Lexus owner manual you check what which button does and you sometimes find out something you did not know was fitted to your car, on Toyota you check what buttons you could have had and what features your car doesn't have, which obviously explains all those blank covers! 😄

Leather and Sunroof obviously depends on personal needs... we were laughing with my colleague about his wife's cars must haves... the only feature she cares about and cannot live without is rear wiper! If car doesn't have one, she refuses to drive it... that includes colleague's 911 Turbo... I was trying to make sense of it, but I could not... wives are strange animals... She would have approved Auris thought, because it has a wiper in the rear!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I like to joke about Toyota vs. Lexus owners manual - In Lexus owner manual you check what which button does and you sometimes find out something you did not know was fitted to your car, on Toyota you check what buttons you could have had and what features your car doesn't have, which obviously explains all those blank covers! 😄

Leather and Sunroof obviously depends on personal needs... we were laughing with my colleague about his wife's cars must haves... the only feature she cares about and cannot live without is rear wiper! If car doesn't have one, she refuses to drive it... that includes colleague's 911 Turbo... I was trying to make sense of it, but I could not... wives are strange animals... She would have approved Auris thought, because it has a wiper in the rear!

Tbh I’m actually quite taken with the Auris, it’s a nice firm ride and loads of kit on it, sat nav is excellent as is the car as a whole, the “charge, eco and power” rev counter are good fun, “I” find myself trying to get the best economy 😂🤣.....the wife hangs her head in shame 😂........I’ve managed 74 mpg.....after all we all have to do our bit 😂🤣😂

its called a balanced lifestyle 

E720E790-07A7-4B63-8307-8948DD3AF67E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Linas.P said:

The build quality would be pretty much on par, what wouldn't be on part - standard equipment and materials quality. I have recently driven Auris and driven several CT's and build quality is very satisfactory on Auris,  I even prefer sat-nav control over weird Lexus touch-pad contraption. But say even if you opt for leather in Auris, it would not be same nice and soft Lexus Leather.

@Big Rat - any info on actual blue RC-F they got in stock?

Afraid not at the moment waiting for permanent reg number 👍

• Like 1

Back to the photo at Lexus Ipswich...it was taken approx a year ago. Autumn last year I bought the ISF in the photo, and looked at the GSF and RCF alongside. It wasn't a great buying experience, but all is resolved now I'm pleased to say and, of course, the car itself is everything we lucky few know it should be...I love it!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SCB said:

Back to the photo at Lexus Ipswich...it was taken approx a year ago. Autumn last year I bought the ISF in the photo, and looked at the GSF and RCF alongside. It wasn't a great buying experience, but all is resolved now I'm pleased to say and, of course, the car itself is everything we lucky few know it should be...I love it!!

I agree with this, the RCF was there when I was buying mine back in May last year, along with a blue one i was interested in, and the ISF had just come in. 

Sounds like you had a similar sales experience to myself Simon, it was like going back in time :lol1:

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/RC-F/50-vdbrwxa

Pictures in, plate is L88 RCF... I thought I seen it somewhere before... 

Totally basic, no TVD, no ACC/PCS, no Sunroof.... Although Michelin PSS, means previous owner had a clue about the tyres... 

and mega miles!!!

32 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

is it really? 35k for 3 years old car? Seems pretty normal for me... 

Depends what hard stick you use.

The majority of F owners I personally know, use their cars as weekend only cars. On that basis, 35,000 miles is high.

So the Blue Rcf at Ipswich has sold, that was quick a lot of interest in it over the weekend resulted in the sale.

My research has revealed that the plate on the car was the original number L88 RCF from new made it a little difficult to establish.

My research has also revealed that the White Carbon Rcf GU15URV in the advertising picture was eventually sold to a performance hire car company to be hired out on a weekly/weekend basis to members of the public and so on.

Big Rat

• Like 2

Really don't understand the interest in it... there is one with ACC/PCS and TVD for £3k more with less miles in exact same colour in/out (if that would be somehow popular colour)... My guess would be -  the reason behind quick sell was massive discount to shift it.

You can put all sort of optional extras on but if they are not options someone is bothered about they can save 3k - so I think you might be over-thinking it.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

You probably right - especially if the buyer is not the most knowledgeable and was comparing M4 vs. RC-F... then dealer could have pulled all sorts of stories about top-of the range fully spec'ed version even though it is bone-stock standard... because RC-F comes with everything standard and 10 times more equipment then equivalent M4.... buyer probably though they getting excellent deal 🙂 

If you said I could have TVD and radar for £500 I'd still keep my £500 - I don't want them - so cost is an irrelevance.

Will it make car harder to sell? Not on a trade in. Dealer says options worthless on trade in - worth a lot on selling.

The Radar cruise would be one I could compromise on if good opportunity would come along... Sunroof is must (sadly Lexus doesn't have panoramic roof), TVD and non-TVD depends on the price... if there would be 2 identical cars and one without TVD for £4000 less, I would probably go for LSD version, but I would easily pay £1000-£1500 more for identical car with TVD. I probably would compromise on colour as well, as RC-F arguable looks great in any colour ( I would not go for Solar Flare unless I could have multiple cars which I can't). I would not mind mileage as long as it is 10-15k average a year... even if more I don't mind as long as it is reflected in price.

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

If you said I could have TVD and radar for £500 I'd still keep my £500 - I don't want them - so cost is an irrelevance.

I'm with you on this. I'd spend the £500 on Shell V-Power.........cue another argument.

• Like 2

I wish I had radar cruise control.

Once you’ve lived with it - you always want it in your life.

Makes v.long (150+ mile journeys) a breeze and is not even comparable to normal cruise - which I find to be almost dangerous in its ability to disengage you from driving but at the same time place you in dangerous situations on the road...

...a bit like comparing Sky to Sky+ once you can pause live TV, you just can’t live without it. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links