Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Ipswich

I thought all carbons had it? IE A carbon model should have everything?

I guess it depends where you live. I tried it on another car and found radar also dangerous. 

If a car turns off a bend and your cruise is set at 60 a long time ago........ we have a lot of junctions on bends here.

I use cruise as a 30/40/50 speed limiter for average cameras. The rest of the time I drive the car.............because that's what i bought it for. Call me a bluff old traditionalist 😉

I guess it's great to have the choice. But both can be dangerous in the wrong hands I reckon.

I only ever use cruise control if I start getting cramp on very long journeys & prefer not to use it generally - never used it on the ISF at all while I owned it. 

But having decided to look at the RCF on a bit of a spur of the moment whim I hadn’t realised the cruise control wasn’t radar as standard like the ISF.  This isn’t really a big issue for the reasons above, but I would have liked the emergency braking aspect of it as it’s a great safety feature that should be fitted to all cars imho.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DAW said:

I only ever use cruise control if I start getting cramp on very long journeys & prefer not to use it generally - never used it on the ISF at all while I owned it. 

But having decided to look at the RCF on a bit of a spur of the moment whim I hadn’t realised the cruise control wasn’t radar as standard like the ISF.  This isn’t really a big issue for the reasons above, but I would have liked the emergency braking aspect of it as it’s a great safety feature that should be fitted to all cars imho.

Is it not on the base model RCF? Very surprised!!!

I use it all the time in both the RCF and my Volvo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Sunroof, real leather seats?

I used to think that sunroofs were a complete waste of time. I thought they were only useful for people below average height that didn’t drive above 30 miles per hour.

BUT, I take it back - they can be useful - as can be seen here.

I popped the sunroof open, and the Mrs was able to film this rather lovely Mustang.

Sunroof is now closed and will remain so until I need it again - in about 10 years - possibly

• Like 2

Nooo.. sunroof is must for me, even better glass roof - I don't even need for it to open. 
Is this because you live in London and rarely see the sky? Out here in the country we take the open space for granted. Maybe that's it? ;)

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

once you can pause live TV, you just can’t live without it. 

hey fellas, I can do this on my ordinary Freeview TV stuff

I'm absolutely zero at technohead stuff and have just a FREE freeview box attached to my TV ...  I spend zero on Sky or anything like that ....  I run a Ls400, it's in the genes :yahoo: 

Malc

5 hours ago, Comedian said:

Is this because you live in London and rarely see the sky? Out here in the country we take the open space for granted. Maybe that's it? 😉

I don't know maybe.... but I not always lived in London and still appreciator sunroof on any car. Just makes it feel more spacious and brighter inside - positively affects my normally agitated mood 😄 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Linas.P said:

I don't know maybe.... but I not always lived in London and still appreciator sunroof on any car. Just makes it feel more spacious and brighter inside - positively affects my normally agitated mood 😄 

I found another use for a sunroof.

If you find your car in a couple of feet of water i.e. a flood, you could open the sunroof - climb in, shut the sunroof (until next flood) and drive off.

Of course, I'm not sure if the base model RC-F edition allows the sunroof to be opened remotely!

I think it is standard function on Lexus remote - Keep open and hold and it will open windows and sunroof, same works for closing everything, keep close on hold for few sec.

6 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I think it is standard function on Lexus remote - Keep open and hold and it will open windows and sunroof, same works for closing everything, keep close on hold for few sec.

Excellent. All you need now is a flood 😜

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links