Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How much importance do you place 0-60?

Your truck scenario :

Highway code S162

Before overtaking you should make sure

• there is a suitable gap in front of the road user you plan to overtake.
4 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I can give another example - overtaking 2 trucks (equivalent of 8-10 cars)... you come behind the truck, there is opportunity to overtake ... you start it and mid-way first truck you realise there is no gap between them.

On 8/28/2018 at 1:10 PM, Linas.P said:

The other option is obviously to stop for a pint in a pub.. as somebody suggested.

@dutchie01 Irresponsible is to stick behind other car if you not overtaking and make long unbreakable queue which nobody but bravest/stupidest would even try to overtake. 

Overtaking 3 is sketchy enough and I scare s*** of me self very time, on European roads with miles of visibility and clean road-sides it is possible to overtake more, but you obviously praying god no blind ******* going to start overtaking as well without checking mirrors.

I can give another example - overtaking 2 trucks (equivalent of 8-10 cars)... you come behind the truck, there is opportunity to overtake ... you start it and mid-way first truck you realise there is no gap between them. Mostly truckers are smart enough to leave that gap, but not all people are smart (sorry for breaking unfortunate news for you)... So what do you do.. brake and abandon, try to squeeze between 2 trucks? or finish overtaking? In IS250 finish overtaking is not an option, so I have to resort with first 2... especially on European roads where overtaking with British car is already not ideal... 

@noby76 - yes big deal, because your gap might not come-up for 150 miles.. so you can drive hoping car in front turns-off before that? And lets not talk about 10000hp cars.. makes no sense. In IS250 lets say I will have 5 opportunities in 100 miles, in RC-F 20 opportunities in 100 miles and in RC300h maybe 3 opportunities, out of them maybe 2 will be safe in IS250, 15 safe in RC-F and none safe in RC300h.

linas i sincerely hope you are trolling the forum here as otherwise i do fear for your wellbeing

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Your truck scenario :

Highway code S162

@doog442  No below is the Highway code in Linas books..

Highway code of Linas

• there is a powerful engine under the hood of your car of the road user you plan to overtake.   😆

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, doog442 said:

Your truck scenario :

Highway code S162

Yes in ideal world... sadly it is not ideal. The gap could be there when you start overtaking, or you might misjudge the gap or it might close. I been in salutations where other drivers deliberately close the gap, so that you cannot get in.. how many times you been in situation where you start overtaking and other drivers starts deliberately accelerating to block you from getting back? Many things can happen between the time you judge situation to be safe gap to overtake and 2 seconds later when you already in other side of road.

I guess... I would quote @Big Rat here - you need to have enough power to get you out of trouble... I would add "both the one you have created yourself or which came out of blue". Going back to IS250 example - it has enough power to overtake - "just", it doesn't have enough power to get you out of trouble so I need to be overtly careful with the opportunities I take.

@noby76 - suitable "gap" as of "gap to get back into", I am not even discussing - obviously it needs to be there. Suitable "gap" as a time you have to overtake will depend on your car. I am not sure if you really have difficulty understanding or you don't really want to?! Or is it because - "when your FWD car pushes from the rear - you don't need to worry about gaps at all"?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, doog442 said:

Sorry Linas but that is just ridiculous. 7.3 isn't 'very very slow'. I was taught to drive and do overtakes at ludicrous speeds on slow and fast country roads / motorways / Cities in a 2 litre Sierra saloon with a 0-60 time of 9 seconds and trust me we did it without any difficulty. We then advanced to a 3 litre Vauxhall Carlton with a 0-60 time of 7.1 seconds which by your reckoning must be slow if 7.3 is very, very slow.    

Its how you drive and it wasn't much more than dropping down a gear prior to moving into the offside lane to get a proper view ahead before making a safe overtake.

Ive given up on this thread it’s another one of those........🐀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

Ive given up on this thread it’s another one of those........🐀

Even I managed to not post in this one.....................

DOH :nugget:

And what did you except? This was controversial question and it was clear it would explode at some point - "0-60 never bothered me in my life, but I drive IS-F.... cause I liked the looks".. and the all "safe snailing warriors" .

• Like 2

Getting a little off topic, but hey.

In my experience, a lot of problems are caused by people trying to establish the pecking order when driving.

The cars most likely to be tailgating are big German cars, or big 4x4s.  Very rarely do I get another Lexus on

my rear bumper unless it's a 4x4  variant.   It's as if people are saying "My car is bigger and more expensive than yours,

therefore I should be in front of you ".... even if it means breaking the speed limit by a considerable amount. 

• Like 1

@Hadrian - it is not little of topic... it is completely different topic and massive can of worms!

Tailgating germans are just cliche, but I am sure all kinds of retards drives all makes of cars.

What you said "they" are apparently thinking, can be turned around - "ohhh they have bigger and more expensive car!!... doesn't mean I have to give the a way" ... hence some won't move over and continue hog the lane? Doesn't matter what speed they are doing - you have to move over unless you overtaking.

oh did have I said - it has nothing to do with 0-60 times... 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 1:39 PM, Linas.P said:

suitable "gap" as of "gap to get back into", I am not even discussing - obviously it needs to be there. Suitable "gap

This sounds more interesting than the way the threads going at the moment, partial to a bit of gap myself 😂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Northern isf said:

This sounds more interesting than the way the threads going at the moment, partial to a bit of gap myself 😂

Same here.  Look at the gap left between the petrol pump and the IS.  Shocking.

Or the gap the young lady has to get into in order to get into her RCF.

Or the gap left between the GSF and the RCF

38738824_218295802374152_3448013532073820160_n.jpg

34172940_437824463355931_6091120441638780928_n.jpg

37416128_281136119313174_3168056598669033472_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links