Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ahh s*** got wrong tyres again!?.

Do you?

Found this quite interesting, to be honest I didn't even knew PS4s existed (what a shame) I though it goes PS4>PSS, apparently it goes PS3>PSS and PS4>PS4s... PS4s being replacement of PSS which is previous gen tyre... learning something new. My excuse PS4s is not even available on 17/18inch wheels so obviously never noticed them when looking for tyres on IS250.. 

@Linas.P I run the PS4S around.

Very impressed so far.  On black circles they are a few quid cheaper than the PSS as well but assume that's because stocks are limited for the PSS

Randomly my fronts are made in the USA and my rears are made in France 

Had conti sport contact 6 on my Evora and used them on the Nurburgring ring and they were epic. I’ll be putting them on my rcf... when I get one... if it needs tyres 🤪

• Like 1

@Comedian I thought standard PS4 is available in 19 now as they pop up on Black Circles nowadays.  In terms of wear, they are wearing well.

@Stuno1 I ran Conti 6's all around at the Nurburgring a few times now and found they overheated regardless of tyre pressures.  I ran them at 32, 36, 40 and 44 (usually had 3 passengers in car).  May be that the ISF is a bit more of a lump than your old pocket rocket or may just be my driving 😉

Really impressed with them but needed cooling down between laps.  My next Ring trip isnt until next year so can't really compare the PS4S yet.

Should add that I am getting a spare set this weekend from my friends tyre place at 50% off.  Just need to get up early 😞

FB_IMG_1534879360804.jpg

• Like 2

[mention=54052]Comedian[/mention] I thought standard PS4 is available in 19 now as they pop up on Black Circles nowadays.  In terms of wear, they are wearing well.

They well be - but I'm saying s isn't available below 19 :)

Good to know. Probably my next tyre.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Comedian said:

They well be - but I'm saying s isn't available below 19 🙂

Good to know. Probably my next tyre.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Ah yeah.  My bad.  Read it other way around 😞

By sheer coincidence  and brought forward a few weeks courtesy of a rather large bolt stuck in one of the fronts, I'm just sat waiting whilst 4 spanking new PS4s are being fitted. Ordered from BlackCircles and fitted locally - running 275x30 on rear and 245x35 fronts (on from purchase).

Previously ran Conti Sport 6 - will be interesting in seeing the difference.

Will update later with any comments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, caldera said:

By sheer coincidence  and brought forward a few weeks courtesy of a rather large bolt stuck in one of the fronts, I'm just sat waiting whilst 4 spanking new PS4s are being fitted. Ordered from BlackCircles and fitted locally - running 275x30 on rear and 245x35 fronts (on from purchase).

Previously ran Conti Sport 6 - will be interesting in seeing the difference.

Will update later with any comments.

Ah cool. Be interested in your view once you have put on some miles. 

I've got a new set of PS4Ss sitting waiting to go on, so will be good to hear more feedback.

Thinking of getting my old Audi dealer to fit them, only place I know locally where the wheels don't get damaged in the process.

So from that video it would point at Cup 2's as the only way forward...which is what I have heard from other people/blogs/friends/mags...they are crazy expensive, but apparently worth it.

Looks like four new shoes are going to cost £1,196!?

6 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

So from that video it would point at Cup 2's as the only way forward...which is what I have heard from other people/blogs/friends/mags...they are crazy expensive, but apparently worth it.

Confident these will wear quicker than all the others though, as they will be a softer compound to get the grip.

38 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

From experience Cup 2's need heating up before they grip above/beyond the MPSS or MPS4S tyres.

If using car for occasionally not really an issue.  For a daily driver (as mine is) may become an issue.

• Like 1

Can see the draw of the Cup 2 if you are going to use the car on track, but doubt the expense is worth it for every day road use.  Suspect the advantages would probably only be really noticeable under track driving conditions anyway, but interested to know from those with experience whether that is the case.

Shame they didn’t do an on road comparison for every day road use as well, even if it was only a similar summary description /table.  It’s where most tyres spend the majority of their time unless it’s on a dedicated track car.

• Like 3