Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leather seat clean - IS300h F-Sport

rayaans

Cleaned the seats in my wife's IS300h F-Sport today! Last time I did them was last year. 

Word of warning, don't clean leather seats too regularly! Its actually quite stressful on the coating.

All done with Dodo Juice Supernatural leather cleaner and Sealant!

Quite shiny before -

IMG_20180821_180918.thumb.jpg.db7ec1ef968d83ca882722f5efd12450.jpg

and After - 

IMG_20180821_194137.thumb.jpg.af21c8da4f2dbfeb017173b5c52bb620.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Is there a rule on how often to do it?

I use Renapur Leather Balsam 200ml and since I bought GS (2 month ago) I have done the leather (driver seat) probably 3 times, I guess this is too much?

There's not a rule as such but I tend to go with if they look really shiny like ours was. For some people they might have to do it 3 times per year depending on mileage. 

But I wouldn't go doing it every fortnight. 

Is the renapur balsam a cleaner or conditioner? Ideally you want a sealant to stop the seats getting as dirty

9 hours ago, rayaans said:

Is the renapur balsam a cleaner or conditioner? 

I am not sure but will check, I have the tab in the car, I wanted to make sure the leather is soft and doesn't crack with age and use.

According to the manufacturer's blurb - 

"Renapur Leather Balsam is made from a blend of natural waxes and oils including beeswax, carnauba wax, avocado oil and jojoba oil. Renapur feeds and nourishes leather, keeping it soft and supple and helps restore and maintain the original colour. Renapur also helps waterproof leather naturally."

Would have thought any oils and waxes would just sit on the seat surface and attract grit and dirt. Car seat leathers are sealed, so nothing can get through to the actual leather.

Must admit to just using the kit Lexus sell to maintain the leather seats. The handbook suggests using a soft cloth dampened lukewarm water with 5% wool detergent.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

According to the manufacturer's blurb - 

"Renapur Leather Balsam is made from a blend of natural waxes and oils including beeswax, carnauba wax, avocado oil and jojoba oil. Renapur feeds and nourishes leather, keeping it soft and supple and helps restore and maintain the original colour. Renapur also helps waterproof leather naturally."

Would have thought any oils and waxes would just sit on the seat surface and attract grit and dirt. Car seat leathers are sealed, so nothing can get through to the actual leather.

Must admit to just using the kit Lexus sell to maintain the leather seats. The handbook suggests using a soft cloth dampened lukewarm water with 5% wool detergent.

You are right, balsam is made from all the stuff above, also on a tab it says Cleans, Conditions, preserves and helps waterproof leather.

I will be in Lexus tomorrow and will have a look the kit you are talking about, thanks for heads up Peter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

You are right, balsam is made from all the stuff above, also on a tab it says Cleans, Conditions, preserves and helps waterproof leather.

I will be in Lexus tomorrow and will have a look the kit you are talking about, thanks for heads up Peter.

Or just grab the dodo juice leather kit. It's not expensive either at £23 for the set and is hands down the best one I've tried

22 hours ago, rayaans said:

Or just grab the dodo juice leather kit. It's not expensive either at £23 for the set and is hands down the best one I've tried

What about leather cleaning wipes that moisturize as well as clean?

Even with dodo juice or Lexus leather kit how often is it advisable to clean the leather, does anyone know?

My LS has the cooling seat function. There seem to be little holes in seats through which air is blown to cool your back and legs. All very fancy! Are these holes going to get clogged up when I try and clean the seats? (First world problem, I know!).

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Even with dodo juice or Lexus leather kit how often is it advisable to clean the leather, does anyone know?

You can't moisturise the leather as it's sealed. I found the Dr Leather wipes I tried a couple of times just left the surface tacky..

As has been said already deep cleaning the seats really only needs to be done a couple of times a year.

Just give the leather a wipe over with a damp cloth each time you clean the car or vacuum the carpets. It's probably more important to clean the seats of any grit and general dust that can abrade the leather surface and cause cracks to appear in the coating 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

The wipes never seem to be as good as spray on cleaners. 

I would say every 6 months if they get fairly dirty or just keep it to once a year if the car is only driven say 5k miles per year

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

One of my problem is cleaning my car seats and what I did is I cleaned it using soap,water and fab con but it is not that good until i tried this product wherein it was recommended by my Aussie fiancee but before i bought it I've searched it via online  it is a leather guard from leather cleaning brisbane and as I used it the result is nice it is superb so far I'm still using this one.