Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whistling noise cooling fan batteries

I've been driving my '18 IS300h for almost 3 months now and it's been an absolute pleasure so far. The only thing that bothers me is the noise level coming from the batteries' cooling fan next to the right hand side back seat. Usually this is not a problem for me though as I have the radio on most of the time, but if you have other people in the car it's quite embarrassing for a new car in this price range tbh.

Of course it's not on all the time, but quite regularly though. Probably the dealer will say the noise level is normal, but I'm just curious about anybody else's experience on this?  

Wy does the fan need to cause a whistling sound? The HVAC blower fan doesn't whistle, so why does this cooling fan need to?

I've never heard mine operate, never mind hearing a "whistling sound" coming from it.

If it's very hot, operating the air-conditioning can help - the air going into the vent will be cooler and this should negate/reduce the need for the Battery fans to operate.