Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

Just had my renewal, £1100, it was almost half that on my IS300 running on LPG, they are both supposed to be the same insurance group, what gives? Anyone else notice the same, tried the comparison sites but staying where I am still worked out cheaper. 

10 hours ago, wakhtar said:

Just had my renewal, £1100, it was almost half that on my IS300 running on LPG, they are both supposed to be the same insurance group, what gives? Anyone else notice the same, tried the comparison sites but staying where I am still worked out cheaper. 

Its all a game. 

Insurance companies do what they want!

My son's insurance is less than yours - 22yo paying £600 on a remapped 1.4TSI (122) Golf pushing out 150hp+ which is now faster than the IS! I pay that much on my RX and have three times the experience and 10 times the no claims..... figure that one out.

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Its all a game. 

Insurance companies do what they want!

My son's insurance is less than yours - 22yo paying £600 on a remapped 1.4TSI (122) Golf pushing out 150hp+ which is now faster than the IS! I pay that much on my RX and have three times the experience and 10 times the no claims..... figure that one out.

Has he declared to remap?

I paid £170 fully comp, protected no claims etc for the IS200t in March. I've done a dummy run on a new RX450h and it comes in at £240 or £300 with a low excess.

Its dependent on age, occupation, annual mileage, points and where you live so I think we'd struggle to make any meaningful comparison. 

i've just renewed my insurance in August and surprisingly my 17 plate 300h F Sport is cheaper then my

63 plate 300h luxury i had my renewal came in at £263

Money Saving Expert recently announced a conclusion from their research. The optimal time to buy your insurance is 21 days in advance of when you want your policy to start.

The closer you order to policy start date, the more urgent it is. 21 days and the providers know they need to be more competitive as you've got time to shop around.

21 days was better than 30 days for some reason.

• Like 1

Yes as matt stated. But I've been playing about with quotes and yes 21 days ahead is good but I found a number of times that 24 days was cheaper still. Oh yes 15k miles sure increases the premium. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links