Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

That looks a beauty Phil.Enjoy.

Can we see the interior and especially those woollen covered seats?

Do you live on the perimeter of an abandoned airfield or are you a gypsey?

Haha, no, it's a road that comes up from the seafront and leads into the woods.

I'll take some pics of the interior over the weekend, it's going to my mechanic tonight for an oil change to be on the safe side. 

5 minutes ago, black400 said:

Looks great   flare tube ?

Apparently all cars in Japan have a flare by law, but I was only expecting the tube, not the whole thing!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Normski said:

Like it! Is the HVAC, etc. in Japanese too?

Everything is in Japanese/English. No idea why it isn't all Japanese but they're all the same. At least I know where everything is having had a couple before.

2 hours ago, jpjsavage said:

Looks superb! Enjoy your new car don't launch the flare unless it is an absolute emergency!

It'll hard not to be childish and set it off!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

That looks a beauty Phil.Enjoy.

Can we see the interior and especially those woollen covered seats?

Do you live on the perimeter of an abandoned airfield or are you a gypsey?

There you go, wool upholstery.  It really does feel very nice!

IMG_20180824_170103278.jpg

IMG_20180824_170142853.jpg

IMG_20180824_170112742_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180824_170206660.jpg

IMG_20180824_170157602.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

Yep, I wonder if it would trigger an international rescue effort from Japan?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

I'll let you know if it does!  How you getting on with your latest steed, and how does it compare to the LS400 in terms of ride quality?

• Like 1

I'll let you know if it does!  How you getting on with your latest steed, and how does it compare to the LS400 in terms of ride quality?
Loving it. Off to Cornwall tomorrow for a week and actually looking forward to the drive! It is very quiet and refined and similar, if not better, in comfort I would say to the LS400. But I've driven a noisy car for a while in-between so it is hard to recall precisely. Engine is so quiet. And hardly any road noise or other traffic noise. Fantastic!

4 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

Loving it. Off to Cornwall tomorrow for a week and actually looking forward to the drive! It is very quiet and refined and similar, if not better, in comfort I would say to the LS400. But I've driven a noisy car for a while in-between so it is hard to recall precisely. Engine is so quiet. And hardly any road noise or other traffic noise. Fantastic!

Glad to hear it, enjoy!  We're off to Cornwall soon for a week and you can guess what I'm tempted to take!  Problem is we have a dog so I'm afraid it's the estate car this time. 

Glad to hear it, enjoy!  We're off to Cornwall soon for a week and you can guess what I'm tempted to take!  Problem is we have a dog so I'm afraid it's the estate car this time. 
I need a holiday from our two dogs so they are off to kennels!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Ive had about 10 imports now. To ive imported myself. The quality of cars  from japan is so much better than ones here already

Can you explain please John ?

Import from Japan will be used vehicle compared to what in the UK......NEW/USED?

Level of Spec different ?

Other reasons for difference ?

I have imported from Germany over 20 years ago, simply because of the favourable exchange rate, but there was no difference in the quality.

car looks amazing, I'm loving the seats

I have wanted to import a car from japan for a long while now, same as yours or a century the v 12 model however my wife thinks I am going mad shes been talking about a fiat,

if she keeps going it might be ground for divorce :) 

Quality wise good ones are better maintained due to the their strict mot rules. 

Also due to the fact they dont use salt on their roads the underneath of the cars is far better. Its easier to get low mileage cars there as they dont use them as much. 

For instance my elgrand is quite high miles at 85 k miles . But its mint inside.  And underneath looks like a 3 year old car here

20180528_174448.jpg

• Like 3

Nice one John!  I took some photos of my underside while it was being checked over, as you say, like a three year old.  Also the exhaust is stainless which surprised me.  However, and there's always a however, one air strut has an oily misting so will need replacing soon.  Considering the condition of everything else I'm not too bothered.

IMG_20180825_101325262.jpg

IMG_20180825_101306271.jpg

IMG_20180825_101313682.jpg

IMG_20180825_102858387.jpg

• Like 1