Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 8/24/2018 at 2:31 PM, The-Acre said:

Everything is in Japanese/English. No idea why it isn't all Japanese but they're all the same. At least I know where everything is having had a couple before.

Google Translate may come to your assistance then 🙂

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Normski said:

(something I had only seen on Honda Legends).

I think you're right there, I'll take a look in a mo ...........  the thought that my starter motor might need replacing in the ( 2006 )  Honda Legend £550+ :Jumpy: turned out to be a failing Battery ( not quite 4 years old ) thankfully

Malc

1 hour ago, Normski said:

Loving the car Phil! Like the touches such as the over-carpet on the rear transmission tunnel (something I had only seen on Honda Legends).

Safe travels :thumbsup:

Yes, every Celsior I've seen seems to have them at the rear, and they also have extra thick mats as well.  I'm getting used to the wool seats and I have to say they do feel great. 

42 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Lovely Car - well done  but.....how are you going to keep the Moths out ?

Easy, I'll just thread these through some string and hang them up in various places!

moth.jpg

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

If your going to keep it . Get it undersealed. 

Rust is the  one thing that'll kill a jap import

Good idea, I may look into that. 

31 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

If your on facebook theres a few clubs on there for imports. Ukvip etc. I use bilt hamber products on mine when i underseal

Thanks, it'll be a shame to let our British winters attack it.

From the shape of the front side lights this is effectively a face lift model available from 2004 in the UK.

Wish my '04 with 87k miles was as rust free as that underneath. I would not hesitate to spend good money having that car professionally undersealed simply because it is such a great car and the most effective treatment is prevention rather than rust removal.

I have heard Japanese cars for their home market are not well rust proofed from the factory.

Theyre pretty much no rust proofing . Ive had 01 plate elgrands that are almost spotless underneath.  You can get European equivalents to some jdm stuff .but even with the exchange rate id still import 

58 minutes ago, GrahamG said:

From the shape of the front side lights this is effectively a face lift model available from 2004 in the UK.

Wish my '04 with 87k miles was as rust free as that underneath. I would not hesitate to spend good money having that car professionally undersealed simply because it is such a great car and the most effective treatment is prevention rather than rust removal.

I have heard Japanese cars for their home market are not well rust proofed from the factory.

You're right Graham, it is a facelift version with sharper grille, reshaped head and tail lights and 6 speed transmission. I've had two pre-facelift models so I particularly wanted the newer shape. I'll get some quotes re undercoating I think.

Theyre pretty much no rust proofing . Ive had 01 plate elgrands that are almost spotless underneath.  You can get European equivalents to some jdm stuff .but even with the exchange rate id still import 

1 minute ago, Chasdad said:

Whereabouts in tge country are you. Ill ask on the Elgrand oc if theres any recommendations. 

Theres always talk on there as new people buy

I'm in West Sussex, not far from Brighton (although thankfully far enough!)

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Yes, every Celsior I've seen seems to have them at the rear, and they also have extra thick mats as well.  I'm getting used to the wool seats and I have to say they do feel great. 

Yes the mats are very thick and heavy even when compared to UK specification ones and I think they are mainly wool, I washed mine once when I first got the car in the bath ....they took a week to dry!

The transmission tunnel mat is also unique as you mention, they even have velcro strips on the bottom and join onto the floor mats in the rear.

Your boot mat should also have Celsior written on it.

Regarding the UK climate and use of road salt.

As soon as I bought the car I made sure any mud around the arches was cleaned out and always have an “underbody wash” done at the local car wash once the gritting season is over ( I never have the full wash process with those flappy brushes they simply reprogramme the machine for the under wash only).

Once that is done, allow the car to dry naturally outside then you can easily check underneath and carry out any required remedials to the protection.

I noticed the full stainless steel exhaust system...pretty sure the UK versions at this time had only mild steel systems on them?

Here’s mine before purchase as seen in the Autotrader advert in November 2005, paid £3750.00 with a certified conversion mileage of 38,000.

574989C6-1176-428B-A960-696CD09F8AC2.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steve2006 said:

in November 2005, paid £3750.00 with a certified conversion mileage of 38,000.

Brilliant car there Steve.

Those days have gone sadly ............. these Ls400s / Celsiors were totally undervalued at that time

In December 2007 I bought my Mk2 Ls400 with 8542 miles ( genuine totally ) for £3750  :yahoo:

Malc

8 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Yes the mats are very thick and heavy even when compared to UK specification ones and I think they are mainly wool, I washed mine once when I first got the car in the bath ....they took a week to dry!

The transmission tunnel mat is also unique as you mention, they even have velcro strips on the bottom and join onto the floor mats in the rear.

Your boot mat should also have Celsior written on it.

Disappointingly I don't have the Celsior boot mat!  I do however have a couple of switches that I don't know the function of.  Also because it has the wool seats I don't have the front heated, although the rear is. I don't remember my last 430 having it but the head restraints not only have power up and down but also power tilt adjustment, but maybe they all do.

9 hours ago, steve2006 said:

The transmission tunnel mat is also unique

I have checked my 2006 Honda Legend and YES it sure does have the transmission tunnel over mat/carpet too :rolleyes:

Malc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Disappointingly I don't have the Celsior boot mat!  I do however have a couple of switches that I don't know the function of.  Also because it has the wool seats I don't have the front heated, although the rear is. I don't remember my last 430 having it but the head restraints not only have power up and down but also power tilt adjustment, but maybe they all do.

Does it have the reclining massage rear seats? If it does you may find,at the press of a button in the rear armrest that the front passenger seat folds away to allow more rear legroom.

2 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Does it have the reclining massage rear seats? If it does you may find,at the press of a button in the rear armrest that the front passenger seat folds away to allow more rear legroom.

Yes it does and yes it does!  I've got a retrofit switch and a strange object on the dash, I'll take some pics tomorrow. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links