Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replaced the 2014 CT 200h Advance...

colin79666

...with a 2018 CT 200h F Sport 🙂

Got a deal on a pre-registered example with additions of comfort pack, protection pack and leather seats. The colour is quite a head turner and makes a change to seeing all the grey German cars I passed on the way home! I did consider jumping a few other manufacturers and also considered moving up the IS but I don't really need something bigger and the CT is just such a comfortable car for me.

collection-small.jpg.bc0bfdf73208958490903b731ec8d359.jpg

There will probability be a well cared for 2 forum owners (myself and @PWOOD2014 white Advance appearing on the forecourt soon, perhaps to be picked up by someone on here (or a new member).

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, stormchaser said:

Had one in the same place. It was easy repairable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Booked in to get looked at on Friday, borrowing another car until then. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colin79666 said:

Thanks. Booked in to get looked at on Friday, borrowing another car until then. 

Yep should be repairable. 

"Orange strengthens your emotional body, encouraging a general feeling of joy, well-being, and cheerfulness. Orange vibration foods are: oranges, tangerines, apricots, mangoes, peaches and carrots"   

Tae Yun Kim

Repaired by Lexus Edinburgh first thing this morning while I enjoyed a coffee 👍

Checked the tyre this morning before setting off and pressure was fine. Drove carefully and could hear it hissing when I dropped it off but no tpms light on at that point but wouldn’t have been long. Shows the important of using your eyes and not relying totally on tpms!

• Like 1

Saw my old car on the website and looks good. Nice to see it was treated well under your ownership someone is going to get a great cheap car. You’ll enjoy that new colour and corners will be more fun. How’s the ride compared with the Advance out of interest?

Ill never fathom why so many  folks buy grey metallic sporty cars.  Could understand if it was cheaper but they pay more for the privilege🙄

3 hours ago, PWOOD said:

Saw my old car on the website and looks good. Nice to see it was treated well under your ownership someone is going to get a great cheap car. You’ll enjoy that new colour and corners will be more fun. How’s the ride compared with the Advance out of interest?

Ill never fathom why so many  folks buy grey metallic sporty cars.  Could understand if it was cheaper but they pay more for the privilege🙄

Think the dealer is having a laugh with the price tbh, probably leaving a margin so they can cut a couple of grand off in an autumn sale.

Ride is pretty much the same, perhaps a little better on rough surfaces with the f sport suspension, definitely not harsher.  Haven’t pushed it yet through the twist stuff yet but will hit 1k soon so can be a bit more enthusiastic then. 

Terrific colour, have you considered having it Ceramic coated? I had my Jaguar done and also added a clear protective wrap on the front panel. It's been 2 years now and sparkles like new with just a light wash the water runs straight off and it is also stone chip free on the front end.

• Like 1

I'm also a fan of that colour - it really suits the CT.

If you are planning on keeping the car longer term, I'm also a fan of a ceramic coating. I've had a Gtechniq coating applied to my new NX, and even though it's only been a couple of months it makes cleaning so quick and easy. Not cheap though - £600 for the NX - but for me the time saved in cleaning to get a great result is worth it...and that comes from a committed detailer who used to show cars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

I'm also a fan of that colour - it really suits the CT.

If you are planning on keeping the car longer term, I'm also a fan of a ceramic coating. I've had a Gtechniq coating applied to my new NX, and even though it's only been a couple of months it makes cleaning so quick and easy. Not cheap though - £600 for the NX - but for me the time saved in cleaning to get a great result is worth it...and that comes from a committed detailer who used to show cars.

Mines Ultimate Black hence while I felt the need to get it done. Paint finish on my 2015 model is now better than the new cars that show up at our coffee mornings 🙂

Yes I did consider ceramic coating. In the end I look the lazy route and let the dealer sell me supaguard (I’ve always avoided it in the past on 2nd hand cars as I know a dealer won’t prep the paint as well). I know it’s like 90% profit for them but it got some level of protection on the paint and interior and certainly has made washing quicker. I don’t expect it to last years like the sales material says but if it gets through a winter or two and I keep the car beyond that then I’ll get it to a detailer then. 

I’ve overheard passers by in car parks commenting on the colour. All positive but mostly all middle aged women rather than petrol heads 😆