Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone here has techstream? How are they "flashing" cars from US to EU?

If you have google chrome the page is translated to English: https://g23.lviv.ua/ru/nashi-roboty/...a-video-v-rusi

So they can do this but they want to charge $400 USD LOL I have a suspicion that this is done via techstream.. anyone with techstream want to check the menu and see if there is an option for this? Or do I have to use some other method?

So since they used the term flashing, I assume everything is done via software so I wonder if it is a real flash where I have ot get a copy of a Euro version to do onto the car or is it changing some options on tech stream which I am pretty sure I can figure out. Either way I would appreciate the help from someone who is very familiar with tech stream so I can prepare myself before hand.

THANKS

57 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Errrrrm don't think I like the look of that link .  Suspect others think the same

Techstream - please explain as I haven't clue what its about.

Techstream is Toyota's diagnostic software, it's expensive to buy but can be bought online for less than £20, but that's not to say its legal!

• Like 1

I was under the impression that Techstream could be downloaded free from Toyota EU. One only has to pay for the connector cable and then online time, by the hour?

Quite reasonable actually

10 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I was under the impression that Techstream could be downloaded free from Toyota EU. One only has to pay for the connector cable and then online time, by the hour?

Quite reasonable actually

Yes, I believe that's so but if you want the whole lot at your disposal whenever you need it its lots of money or lots of conscience!