Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How does gold member discount scheme work?

The-Acre

So does every Lexus dealer take part in the gold members discount or just a few, and does anyone know if any in the Surrey/Hampshire area are involved?  Also what is the discount generally?

Thanks

31 minutes ago, Eame64 said:

Click on the gold members section and it will show you all the dealerships that have signed up,at present i think it is 41.

I've just looked and Guildford is there.  Any idea of the general discount?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, steveledzep said:

Just had a look and it doesn't list participating dealers.  You have to contact the Club to find out !

Yeah, it's rather strange that almost no information that would make you want to become a Gold Member, is actually available until you've become a Gold Member!

2 hours ago, graham8370 said:

Have used Guildford for the past 15 years and they don't participate in the scheme.

That's a shame as they're about the closest to me.

7 hours ago, steveledzep said:

Just had a look and it doesn't list participating dealers.  You have to contact the Club to find out !

2 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I will contact Steve and ask him if its possible to have a list of those who are in the gold membership scheme.

That's the thing - there is a list of 41 dealers who give discounts to Gold Club Members and also a list of 62 other "Gold Member Discounts" but neither list is viewable or available to us until we commit to being Gold Members and have paid our money. I would have thought that the way to encourage people to become Gold Members would be to give that information first so that we can make an informed decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

That's the thing - there is a list of 41 dealers who give discounts to Gold Club Members and also a list of 62 other "Gold Member Discounts" but neither list is viewable or available to us until we commit to being Gold Members and have paid our money. I would have thought that the way to encourage people to become Gold Members would be to give that information first so that we can make an informed decision.

I have contacted Steve but please remember this is a holiday weekend. Mike.

• Like 1

Funny enough, this morning I created similar thread! 🙂

Lexus Glasgow is on the list but does not participate in the scheme either and getting a Gold membership was the main reason so I could get some form of discount!

I have not tried Halfords discount yet though but hope at least that one works!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Funny enough, this morning I created similar thread! 🙂

Lexus Glasgow is on the list but does not participate in the scheme either and getting a Gold membership was the main reason so I could get some form of discount!

I have not tried Halfords discount yet though but hope at least that one works!

I have tried Halfords, and although they look at the card with a "what's this?" expression they scan the card and it does work! 

• Thanks 1

Halfords discount works fine and have used it many of times.I just recently got £45 knocked off a £295 service with the gold member card at Lexus Coventry,and last year got over £135 knocked off a major service so it does pay for it self easily.

With a combination of the Halfords discount and Lexus Sheffield parts and servicing mine's certainly paid for itself. 

Two things I have noticed. 1) Halfords staff can't do percentages and I have to correct them every time. 2) Lexus Sheffield service discount is available on the regular servicing but not the Essential Care.

15 hours ago, Herbie said:

Yeah, it's rather strange that almost no information that would make you want to become a Gold Member, is actually available until you've become a Gold Member!

10 hours ago, Herbie said:

Being a member more or less from the start I'd never noticed this but the Ford Owners Club is exactly the same (and the same forum software). They want you to buy membership but don't actually tell you what sort of discounts you'll get. Does seem an odd way of doing things.

:edit:

Another thing. Does it auto renew? Or will I get a prompt?

On 8/25/2018 at 4:35 PM, steveledzep said:

Unfortunately, we have had some who have faked their membership to obtain discounts so we have restricted it to gold members eyes only. Sorry.

23 hours ago, rich1068 said:

With a combination of the Halfords discount and Lexus Sheffield parts and servicing mine's certainly paid for itself. 

Two things I have noticed. 1) Halfords staff can't do percentages and I have to correct them every time. 2) Lexus Sheffield service discount is available on the regular servicing but not the Essential Care.

Being a member more or less from the start I'd never noticed this but the Ford Owners Club is exactly the same (and the same forum software). They want you to buy membership but don't actually tell you what sort of discounts you'll get. Does seem an odd way of doing things.

:edit:

Another thing. Does it auto renew? Or will I get a prompt?

Its the same because we also own FOC as well as Toyota.

The discounts are all in the menu at the top, there are lists here

Point taken and I will look at getting the list more prominent.

• Thanks 1