Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

DPF help

Nctallies

I recently purchased a 2010 IS 200 D and within a few days the eml light came on. Diagnostics said error code P244B DPF pressure too high. We have had the pressure sensor changed and the DPF reading was 78% blocked so it was sent away and cleaned. Picked the car up yesterday and didn't drive too much because of the rain, took it out today and the eml light came back on and we lost all power. It's now a long weekend and we are several hundred £s in and getting very fed up with this car. Any idea what the problem could be? Would resetting the ecu help?

22 hours ago, Nctallies said:

I recently purchased a 2010 IS 200 D and within a few days the eml light came on. Diagnostics said error code P244B DPF pressure too high. We have had the pressure sensor changed and the DPF reading was 78% blocked so it was sent away and cleaned. Picked the car up yesterday and didn't drive too much because of the rain, took it out today and the eml light came back on and we lost all power. It's now a long weekend and we are several hundred £s in and getting very fed up with this car. Any idea what the problem could be? Would resetting the ecu help?

As above, could be the EGR valve but I would certainly get the codes checked again to make sure its not the DPF!!

Unfortunately, Lexus and Diesels don't mix very well, hence why there are so few of them around.

Look into fitting an oil catch tank onto your motor 

that will stop you EGR problems and oil build up on the intake side

also use a low ash oil 

using the wrong oil is the main cause 

• 1 month later...

Your car is either not regenerating (cleaning the dpf by burning off the soot) or the dpf is just saturated. On my old BMW 530d, there were a number of parameters that needed to be met before regen can occur, including the coolant needing to be at least 75 degrees c, no fault codes on either dpf or glow plugs. Common BMW fixed we’re changing engine thermostats, clearing/replacing faulty glow plugs and clearing all dpf error codes. You probably need a handheld diagnostic kit to keep clearing the dpf codes on a decent motor drive while asking the car to force a  regen. 

If you can’t clear it that way then chances are the dpf is saturated ( they have a life of c100k miles). I had mine cleared a couple of times but it tends to be only a temporary fix and the error comes back. You’ll have 2 choices .. invest in a replacement (expensive) or gut/remove the dpf and re-code the car to tell it to stop trying to regen. The later is illegal if the dpf was originality part of the car, and it’ll probably fail it’s mot. 

I would try and clear the car thru forced regents on motorway drives first. Sorry it’s not great news. My dpf was on its was out around 150k. That’s the reason I’m no longer in a diesel and on this site as a newbie hybrid owner. Not sure I’ll ever buy diesel again. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links