Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LOC Golden Membership issue

Vlady

Hi everyone,

Did anyone had their LOC Golden Membership discount refuse at the Lexus dealer?

The main reason to become a Gold Member was to get 10% discount on parts and labour at Lexus Glasgow garage and when I presented a card all of them (Parts&Service Departments) were very surprised as they never had seen anything like that before and obviously didn't except the card! They just said they are not part of this forum and never heard of it! 

What do I do here? Why does it says in Golden Membership that Lexus Glasgow in it but it's not? 

Did anyone use their card in this garage?

Thanks you for any comments.

• Sad 1

I’ve experienced 3 Lexus dealerships in the last 3 years Sheffield, Bristol and lastly Cheltenham all are aware and honoured it, presumably something for the club to resolve I guess

Big Rat

• Like 1

I have contacted Steve regarding this thread and another thread recently started but it is a holiday weekend so patience will be required. As soon as Steve is available to answer your questions he will. Mike.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Bluesman said:

I have contacted Steve regarding this thread and another thread recently started but it is a holiday weekend so patience will be required. As soon as Steve is available to answer your questions he will. Mike.

MIke thank you, I tried to contact Steve (@admin) before creating a thread but for whatever reason the messages did not get through to him so I ended up with a thread.

Thanks 

• Like 2

You should be able to get 10% off at Lexus Glasgow. Either the staff are ignorant or they're trying to wriggle out of applying your discount because they've been in the scheme for years.

I've not dealt with them myself as I'm on the other side of the country, but the same parent company also owns and runs Lexus Edinburgh, who are well aware of the LOC Gold Membership scheme and will happily apply the discount when you present the card.

Vlad, If you go into the dealer discounts section in the Gold Membership area, there's a phone number and email address for the relevant person to contact at Glasgow.
I'd complain to that person and ask for the discount to be applied retroactively, if you've already paid them any money.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Hi Guys

All discounts were negotiated with the person listed. Dealers may seem suprised they have never seen one when in they have only been in the role a month or two. Dealer staff move about quite a lot.

I have the email from Philipp who confirmed the discount last October. They are due to be contacted to renew for a further year.

Unfortunately we have no control on dealer discounts and what they offer. We contact them and they complete the form and thats all we can do. Most will honour and over the 15 years we have only had a handful of complaints.

What we usually say if anyone asks is to check with the dealer before taking up gold (not unless you are doing it to support the club)

I will have a go at re-contacting the dealers to update the list.

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Steve said:

Hi Guys

All discounts were negotiated with the person listed. Dealers may seem suprised they have never seen one when in they have only been in the role a month or two. Dealer staff move about quite a lot.

I have the email from Philipp who confirmed the discount last October. They are due to be contacted to renew for a further year.

Unfortunately we have no control on dealer discounts and what they offer. We contact them and they complete the form and thats all we can do. Most will honour and over the 15 years we have only had a handful of complaints.

What we usually say if anyone asks is to check with the dealer before taking up gold (not unless you are doing it to support the club)

I will have a go at re-contacting the dealers to update the list.

Thanks Steve, would be good to have an updated list.

If some of the money that are paid for a membership are going to support the club I have nothing against it and think it is justifiable and totally right. 

2 hours ago, J Henderson said:

You should be able to get 10% off at Lexus Glasgow. Either the staff are ignorant or they're trying to wriggle out of applying your discount because they've been in the scheme for years.

I've not dealt with them myself as I'm on the other side of the country, but the same parent company also owns and runs Lexus Edinburgh, who are well aware of the LOC Gold Membership scheme and will happily apply the discount when you present the card.

Vlad, If you go into the dealer discounts section in the Gold Membership area, there's a phone number and email address for the relevant person to contact at Glasgow.
I'd complain to that person and ask for the discount to be applied retroactively, if you've already paid them any money.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks John, I probably should find these details myself! Anyway, I emailed the dealer using the contacts provided, will keep everyone updated if I get any response from them.

I emailed Lexus Glasgow on Monday using contact details provided on this site and have had no reply yet, not even acknowledgment of receiving an email, may be I need to give then a call and ask for Philip personally! 

It looks more likely I will be going to Lexus Edinburgh if I need anything bought or done for my car that is not covered by my warranty as I am losing my faith in Glasgow Lexus.

@Admin Steve will you please let me know if you have more luck with renewing the contract with them?

Thanks

Vlady

• 3 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links