Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue ISF LN62 AXV

https://usedcars.lexus.co.uk/en/used-lexus/Lexus/IS-F/50-V8-Sunroof-hkbr3cu

This Blue isF has come on sale at Lexus Edinburgh, they have no photos yet but I’ve got this one of it when she went through Mannheim Auctions on the 23rd June 2018 in Birmingham.........

71494666-48BA-4243-9C8F-310BAA0F5AFD.thumb.jpeg.174c2005d1b6010003162eb2092f6061.jpeg

My old ISF went through these auctions recently and again failed to sell, unfortunately whilst she was in the compound some undesirable decided to steal the exhaust tips and associared fittings from her and did a fair bit of damage to the rear valance.

All been replaced now but maybe a heads up to ISF owners just in case the low life are a bit tuned in to some parts now and the costs.

Big Rat

• Like 1

@Tfp Tim I really cannot see it selling for that no doubt a deal can be had with it partly do you think because it came from the auctions ?

Has a sunroof which IMO adds to the desirability but not the value, I know that Lexus Cheltenham will be getting 2 GsF’s in the not so distant future and one of them is likely to be £34995.........

Big Rat

• Like 2

Statistically a car with a sunroof is less desirable.

A tall person will avoid cars with sunroofs like the plague. Whereas a car without a sunroof will work for all people irrespective of height.

1 minute ago, Big Rat said:

@Tfp Tim I really cannot see it selling for that no doubt a deal can be had with it partly do you think because it came from the auctions ?

Has a sunroof which IMO adds to the desirability but not the value, I know that Lexus Cheltenham will be getting 2 GsF’s in the not so distant future and one of them is likely to be £34995.........

Big Rat

My guess is that they are just trying for a high price to begin with?

Dealers will often try to push prices up when they have a rare car, so as you say, they'll probably be able to do a deal if someone shows an interest.

Also there's the power of a forecourt.

Some people will just buy a car of a forecourt without doing any internet research, simply if the car looks nice.

I think the ISF's are a lovely bit of kit, it wouldn't surprise me if values did firm up a bit.

Have Lexus been getting more publicity lately on youtube, car forums etc?

This can create more awareness and desire and help with residuals?

• Like 1

Cloud cuckoo land.

Anyone thinking that an ISF is worth big bucks is probably sniffing illegal substances.

Its quite simple. There aren’t that many around, and therefore dealers can hang on until some muppet comes along and pays over the odds.

Ask anyone that’s tried the sell an ISF and the chances are they’ll tell you that an ISF is a tough turkey to sell. Some hang round dealers for ages - and I mean ages!

AND before any ISF fans jump on me, I love ISFs  - I just happen to have left my rose tinted glasses in my car.

• Like 1

@Tfp Tim yes all do try for a higher price initially why not business is business and as you say if someone comes along that’s game one for the dealer, you are right they are a fine car mine was my first Lexus and loved it still do, and if they had done an isF in the later shape iS I would have been there.

I think they have been getting a bit more press of late some good some not so, and as much as I love normally asperated they I believe need to go down the forced induction route.

The audience for these cars is still relatively small.

Big Rat

57 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Statistically a car with a sunroof is less desirable.

A tall person will avoid cars with sunroofs like the plague. Whereas a car without a sunroof will work for all people irrespective of height.

Not sure I agree, can it be considered as your personal perspective or you claim it is a fact?

I am rather tall and I prefer cars with sunroof, as well if you open the blind/cover there should actually be more space. In the back yes I agree... but who cares?

As well this week 2 new cars were added, giving more choice over mostly boring grey IS-Fs:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808259845165?model=IS F&postcode=ba11rj&radius=1501&advertising-location=at_cars&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&sort=sponsored&page=1

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201706096286859?model=IS F&postcode=ba11rj&radius=1501&advertising-location=at_cars&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&sort=sponsored&page=1

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806067213776?model=IS F&postcode=ba11rj&radius=1501&advertising-location=at_cars&make=LEXUS&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&sort=sponsored&page=1

• Like 1

@Linas.P The aspect of sunroofs is an interesting one I was only yesterday at Lexus Cheltenham for the new showroom launch and was chatting with staff and customers about this very matter, a lady came in wanting to change her 4th CT from them but insisted on the new car again having a sunroof.

Another middle age couple were asking for them to source there next IS and we’re also insisting on one, just coincidence I guess but I enjoy mine having one, obviously all down to personal preference.

Big Rat

• Like 1

Just Google sunroof and headroom. It’s not a personal opinion - it’s a fact that sunroofs impact headroom.

Back in the 80s sunroofs were cool - but it’s not the 80s. Most cars now have air con. Air con (for most people) renders sunroofs useless. There will of course be the odd few that still insist that a sunroof adds value to a car, but for most people they either just don’t care or prefer not to have one.

But does it? When the cover is closed yes... agreed, because whole mechanism takes space, but when cover is open it gives at least 30mm extra headroom over the car without sunroof.

As I mentioned previously (as I am probably one of "odd few") sunroof for me is only needed for more light and added "feeling" of space, for me it doesn't even need to open, so where possible I would opt for panoramic one or simply glass roof. Or maybe that is to do with 80's cos I wasn't even born back then 😄 

• Like 1

@Linas.P Don’t know about you being odd Linas as I think I have the moral high or is it low ground there........🤡

And your remarks to light is right, cars can be quite a gloomy place especially those with a dark interior and roof lining, there’s something rather pleasant it having it open at night in the summer as well.......as regards the eighties I was more alive then than perhaps I am now 😂

🐀

... and it is so much better to open sunroof then it is to open windows for any situation. It is almost compromised way of having convertible .. still gives you a little bit of wind in hair and option to lift the hand in the wind... I don't know there is something special about the car with sunroof for me.

• Like 2

I think members of SAD (Sunroof Appreciation Dudes) should at this point start a new thread / poll on the subject of sunroofs so that this thread is not hijacked.

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Oi!  I’ve got a grey one! 

Not many out there in grey! 

The only new one that’s come up for sale is the usb Private one , the other 2 have been up for sale a while 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ISF V8 JAY said:

Oi!  I’ve got a grey one! 

Not many out there in grey! 

The only new one that’s come up for sale is the usb Private one , the other 2 have been up for sale a while 

For me, grey looks superb in the flesh. I’d definitely have one. @emjay82‘s grey with white interior is simply stunning 👍

• Thanks 1

After not having a sunroof on the ISF, it was a definite on my requirements list for the RCF when changing.  I agree its a personal thing but I love the extra light and I can hear a little bit more of the Quicksilver exhaust 😀

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jon_B said:

After not having a sunroof on the ISF, it was a definite on my requirements list for the RCF when changing.  I agree its a personal thing but I love the extra light and I can hear a little bit more of the Quicksilver exhaust 😀

If you need the sunroof open to hear he QS exhaust, I’d get down to Specsavers. They do hearing aids these days. 😜

• Haha 2

There are 12 ISFs for sale across AutoTrader and eBay (after removing the duplicates), prices vary from 13,995 for the cheapest to 24,000 for the most expensive. £30,000 for the one above seems massively overpriced. 

Whilst the ISF is a good car it still lacks the desirability of the M3 or the C63 to the average petrolhead.

3 hours ago, GibletPH said:

Whilst the ISF is a good car it still lacks the desirability of the M3 or the C63 to the average petrolhead.

Agreed... now way it can sell for £30k, when RC-Fs are £32k...

As for desirability... i don't think they lack desirability, but they need to be priced accordingly to sell. I know it is almost the same thing from the other end, but what I mean - people likes them and would like to have them, but would not pay as much as for similar C63 or M3.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links