Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc-f paint detail

I took my car to have swirl removed by a 'pro detailer' - it came back with holograms and marring. So I decided to have a go myself.

I found the following worked really well - although it took me about 6 hours..

Scholl concepts S20 black on a green pad on a DA polisher on its slowest possible speed. Lightly misted with water. Then finished using a black pad. It was important to work the polish long enough for it to break down to a fine clear finish and it gave a high gloss.

I sealed the paint with carpro nano tech cleanser/polish and found removing it after 40 mins drying was easier with a lightly water misted cloth.

I would have liked to wax over the top but ran out of time / energy !! Didn't do wheels or glass either on this day.

512b87744b28cdbf4ff18d731c5b7315.jpg6f8327b4d630a8b0720efd96d62ebbaa.jpg7f20ec02c15668e3d470b3c1add83231.jpg9ea645c6b971732fa30cde790a8ec695.jpg

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

@Comedian Love it well done....... I admire your skill and dedication.......it takes someone very special to apply themselves to a task like that for 6 hours........now I was wandering if I brought mine to you could you apply 6 hours to her while I gaze on attentively 🤡

🐀

That does look really good. 😎

I have all the stuff to do my car(i have a lot of Menrzerna polishes which I like)  and keep thinking about it but i'm worried about thin paint on the edges. How did you get on around the back and the bumpers etc. where it's hard to fit the polisher? 

• Like 1

I have a small rotary for getting in the tight spots like rear plate area, but the awkward parts I did by hand and these parts don't tend to be as bad as the panels anyway. Not much can do with front bumper as it is peppered with stones so it's certainly an over-all improvement but a close inspection would show the usual road rash.

@Comedian The closest I came to getting mine anything like that was after carrying out your explicit instructions.......

19468D68-DD36-4E6C-8087-A11C98305AD6.thumb.jpeg.6722e8931fe4d09968358462e775ad3c.jpeg

And achieved this........ but with Mrs Rat looking on as kept slowly rubbing the ‘F’s bottom to complete the work...... I could tell from her expression that it was time to go in for my tea......🤦‍♂️

🐀

Yes, they wonder why they can't get 6 hours attention eh?

Good effort there for someone who doesn't enjoy it haha

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Good effort there - you should take over from the "Pro Detailer" especially at the rates some of them charge nowadays!

Thank you for the compliment (knowing you're into this sort of thing)

It will be ready this week, no next week, maybe the week after. Sorry the cloths I need for your car are not available and need to be hand woven by a team of pixies.

;)

@Comedian Oh I see you sound like another organisation I’m dealing with at the moment....... this week next week........ 😏

Ah well I’d better come back and get her especially if the cloths are being by your usual courier............. 😫

🐀

• 1 month later...

rotary polisher in the wrong hands did you a favour in the long run. Go on admit it your feeling very chuffed with yourself and so you should be. Pat dry at next next wash 🙈

rotary polisher in the wrong hands did you a favour in the long run. Go on admit it your feeling very chuffed with yourself and so you should be. Pat dry at next next wash [emoji85]
Since the sun has been in and out at different angles I have since seen some bits that need doing again. :(

Pat dry, yes yes very true but it's soooo tempting to wipe. .. I usually blow most off with my blaster sidekick first. Then catch the left overs. Although I use clean towels for each section. So one for roof one for bonnet and so on.

Then next day it's covered in dust and crap again. :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links