Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Latest UX videos

You might have seen them but for those of you who have not, I notice that in the last week or so there have been a host of new UX videos posted on YouTube. All are on Swedish temporary plates, and there is no voice-over so I assume they are stock footage for launch, or previews for dealers or journalists.

Footage is of grey and white varieties (all F-Sport?) plus a rather lovely red one. Gives you a good idea how the styling will will look once 'in the wild'...

Here is just one example: 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Looks pretty good. The black plastic wheel arches are quite large. I think the car will look good in darker colours. 

I quite like this colour, although it is from early publicity so may not make it to market I suppose:

2019-Lexus-UX-0002.jpg

There's a long Lexus newsroom article here: Lexus Europe . Apparently the press who have driven the car are under an embargo on performance and economy figure until 12th September.

The new (D-CVT) Direct-Shift Continuously Variable Transmission on the non-hybrid sounds interesting, From reviews I've seen on YouTube of the new Corolla, it sounds like this transmission is getting a cautiously positive reception [not that that will be the view of the British motoring press, however]

Launch gear seems a great idea. I like the new Carolla and glad to see the name back in UK. 

Also they are putting port and direct injection on these engines to help economy but with added benefit of no carbon build up on valves. 

On 8/27/2018 at 10:28 AM, Ala Larj said:

Looks quite nice for an SUV apart from those horrid black wheel arches. Makes me think of Dacia!

Civics have them too. Seems odd to me on a low hatch back. Pain keeping them looking nice.

2 hours ago, Comedian said:

Civics have them too. Seems odd to me on a low hatch back. Pain keeping them looking nice.

I bet they are. Car manufacturers seem to have to keep relearning these lesson! 

Also, you'd like to think if you say brushed a gatepost, it would only be four clips and £25 to put it right. But I bet you have to take the bumper off and splash £250!

I didn't set much store by the images when they popped up in a Google Images search, but I see the pale blue 'custom' UX is actually featured on the Lexus Blog. Interestingly, it says "...the modified UX has been transformed with a choice selection of aftermarket products, some of which are also due for imminent release..."

What a strange motoring landscape we have where a perfectly good hatchback can be pumped up to be a crossover and then lowered again to make it more sporty (except Lexus have missed out the first part, unlike some other manufacturers).

On 8/27/2018 at 11:31 AM, gdh300 said:

I quite like this colour, although it is from early publicity so may not make it to market I suppose:

2019-Lexus-UX-0002.jpg

This colour is in the brochure just released. It’s Terrane Khaki

There is the F Sport White and Sonic White and 11 other colours.

Dealer launch next month.

On 9/10/2018 at 7:43 AM, Richard1200 said:

This colour is in the brochure just released. It’s Terrane Khaki

There is the F Sport White and Sonic White and 11 other colours.

Makes a nice change for there to be so many colours that aren't "eleven shades of grey"; well done Lexus. And how encouraging to see that the chief engineer for the project was a woman. 

Now the embargo is lifted, lots of videos have appeared today of the cars being driven round Stockholm. Also written reviews are up on Autocar, Autoexpress and Car websites, more to follow I'm sure. I'll be interested to see this 'in the metal' when it hits the showrooms and how much of a hatchet-job the UK magazines do on it when finally available in UK spec...

Meanwhile, just an excuse for em to post a proper photo of a UX in Terrane Khaki (thanks Richard!):

rg-2019-lexus-ux-3-1920x1280.jpg

When I first heard about the UX I was disappointed as I'm really looking for Lexus to come up with a CT successor rather than another SUV but reading the latest news and preview reviews has sparked some interest. Apparently you sit much lower than in rivals and it handles pretty hatchback like although Autocar pointed out how many rattles were coming from the interior trim so hopefully Lexus will address that for the final production models.

30 minutes ago, Richard1200 said:

Is this helpful??

FAF3B3CE-42B0-4BDF-ADDB-7F516598FF57.thumb.jpeg.eb40d745add0321ed65b55b148d0194d.jpegr

Celestial blue is a new colour as well which replaces sky blue. 

I wouldn't worry about the rattles. The pre production LCs were quite bad too. 

It's a good looking vehicle. The price needs to be right though. £35-7k would be my guess for a good spec F Sport

US prices have been released. Most affordable Lexus in the US, but they no longer get the CT. The 250h is starting at around $35k with the IS starting at $38k. So hopefully we'll see a starting price of £27-28k here.

5 hours ago, malcolmw said:

@Richard1200

In the brochure, are there any more smooth leather colours just out of shot?

I would quite like the rose colour to go with white outside.

Lexus UK now say launch March 2019.

65F30185-E226-43C0-884C-8D90F8A06B7B.jpeg

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Comedian said:

A rare case of a reviewer understanding the gearbox 10/10

Yeah, I've liked the other tests I've seen of his, seems to know he's about. But I think my views about cars probably align more with American rather than British journalists! 

• 2 months later...

Wow, been longer than I thought since I posted in this thread, but this evening my subscription to the - imho, excellent - savagegeese channel popped=up with their review:

He has done loads of Lexus reviews, and I think I have watched everyone of them!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links