Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If you cannot choose lexus what brand would you go for?

dutchie01

I recently changed to volvo ( noooo) which made me wonder....

suppose you just cannot choose Lexus, what brand would you go for ??

i have a history of Alfa, Saab, Lexus, what about you?

Note this is about the brand not models.

I had four Saabs before Lexus, probably wouldn't have changed if Saabs were still available.  Can't think what I'd go for now, I'd need to do a lot of research.  Based on limited knowledge, Kia would probably be my first port of call.  BMW, Audi and Merc are hated........it's their drivers behaviour, I couldn't fit in with that club !

• Like 2

Having previously owned two Accords and a Civic Hybrid, I would love another Honda.

Next year they are bringing out a CRV and a Jazz hybrid.  The Jazz is too small and I don't do 4x4 tonka toys.

My other car is presently a  BMax, but I would definately not buy another Ford. 

I wouldn't go for any German made car, so possibly a Mazda.

• Like 1

Certainly german cars are mostly not as reliable as most Japanese cars, still probably second best in terms of built quality and reliability... Ford or SEAT would not be that much more reliable. However, they still have plenty of exceptional qualities e.g. BMW has always been and will always stay "ultimate drivers car" for handling, with most direct and "communicative" steering... don't even need to get M4 for it... Yes ride is harsh mostly, especially on now common run-flat wooden tyres, but handling is still the best. I would never discount car simply for negative public opinion. 

I did list Volvo as second on my "interesting" cars list, but realistically it would be in lower place when making actual purchase, that is because I am not a fan of FWD transverse layout Volvo seems to favour. They mask it quite well with S90 T8 and their tiny 4 pot engine looks very interesting on the paper - really hard not to consider, but realistically I would not get FWD car.

• Like 1

Honda  Toyota Mazda  Nissan ...  avoid all things German, don't like French apart from ancient DS types ....  Alfa's beautiful design but hopeless engineering, alongside Lancia and Fiat

Malc

Honda for sure. After owning three and a major fault in the first one where Hondareplaced the car, I can’t fault their customer service. After that second choice is probably Toyota. In 19 years of Toyota ownership my wife bought another one last year. They just go on and on and on!

Seems there are a lot of Honda fans here 😊... I might go for Jag XJ(questionable reliability though but an itch i have to scratch at some point) or stick With Honda but upgrade to the Legend or another GS

I’ve had more Mercedes than anything else and they’ve been good to drive but expensive and troublesome to own.

I’d have a Volvo, Toyota, Kia or BMW

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Not a huge change i would go Toyota,never had one but i like their new direction in designs.Experience of previous cars i would favour Suzuki and believe it or not Fiat.[emoji44]
Quite agree!

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

No idea what modern BMW’s are like, but my E36 325 was totally reliable over the 5 years and 110k miles I covered in it. Likewise, no idea on the Mercedes marquee as a whole, but my CLS63 has been great in the 16 months I’ve had it. The odd part has been astonishly cheap in comparison to Lexus prices. So Mercedes or BMW for me.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

It's hard to judge on one car but we often have to. I had a terrible experience with the 1 audi and 1 audi dealer I used. Should it put me off? Maybe not but with so much choice why risk it again?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Possibly go back to Jaguar, loved my XF but was always. Worried something would go wrong . Gone right off the ge4man cars , boring , overpriced and not as reliable as people think .  Volvo is a contender and Honda . 

On 8/29/2018 at 7:39 AM, Hadrian said:

Having previously owned two Accords and a Civic Hybrid, I would love another Honda.

Next year they are bringing out a CRV and a Jazz hybrid.  The Jazz is too small and I don't do 4x4 tonka toys.

My other car is presently a  BMax, but I would definately not buy another Ford. 

I wouldn't go for any German made car, so possibly a Mazda.

Why so against Ford  ?  Isn’t Mazda basically the same as Ford ? 

1 hour ago, st4 said:

I’ve had more Mercedes than anything else and they’ve been good to drive but expensive and troublesome to own.

I’d have a Volvo, Toyota, Kia or BMW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of trouble did you have with Mercedes ? 

I like an old fashioned saloon or coupé, so many manufacturers are out for me as their line-ups dominated by cars that just don't interest me.

So first discounting the one I really want but will never afford, that's Aston Martin gone! Not interested in Audi, BMW or Mercedes, so leaves me with Jaguar or Mazda that'd I consider. It's good to see Alfa again in the saloon market (and supposedly the coupé market some time soon), and Toyota soon in the UK and I'd consider both. The new Volvo saloons do look good have to say, although I've no idea what they are like under the skin. May be I'll be researching them in five years time! Shame Honda don't sell anything like the Accord or Legend in the UK any more.

I like my current KIA, which does everything I want, and does it all very well. But, it's just not a Lexus... 

• Like 1