Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

If you cannot choose lexus what brand would you go for?

dutchie01

@First_Lexus - agree. that is probably similar to my colleague.. no tangible data can changed his perception that his 2017 Range Rover is reliable car, even when he had 4 serious faults with it less than 1500miles apart from new..

Owner surveys are exactly that - owners opinion about how reliable is the car, not the factual data about car reliability.

I would add that reliability depends on previous experiences e.g. somebody coming from the previous car which was braking down continuously would rate their new car much higher compared to if they would have had actually reliable car.

If I couldn't have Lexus then top of my list would be Infiniti  (hybrid model only) followed by Volvo (not the ugly new ones) followed by Ford (I've had 6 and each were excellent )

If I couldn't have Lexus then top of my list would be Infiniti  (hybrid model only) followed by Volvo (not the ugly new ones) followed by Ford (I've had 6 and each were excellent )

Infiniti. Nissan/Renault and Mercedes. Very unreliable.

Surprised not many mentions of the Korean makes. I was passed by a Kia Optima this am - nice looking car and masses of warranty.

Hyundai and/or Kia. They might not be seen as fancy cars but they’re good and totally classless.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, st4 said:

Hyundai and/or Kia. They might not be seen as fancy cars but they’re good and totally classless.

Quite similar to white goods in that regard... Toyota Corolla used to be compared to the fridges in the past (as "soulless", boring, but practical and reliable), now I thin Korean makers replaced that market... not sure if that is positive or negative.

I had a 2000 carolla hatch - here is the thing, cars don't have souls. It's just journalistic nonsense as usual. Having a pop at a cheap hatchback for lacking character is as silly as marking down a Lamborghini hurracan for having a small boot and being difficult to fit child seats.

I love the interior on the new Carolla that I have seen so far. The next batch of Lexus had better be amazing.

Quite similar to white goods in that regard... Toyota Corolla used to be compared to the fridges in the past (as "soulless", boring, but practical and reliable), now I thin Korean makers replaced that market... not sure if that is positive or negative.

Positive. Character in the sense of Alfa Romeo means breakdowns and warning lights.

I like my car to work.

Kia Stinger 3.3. That’s a car I’d want and will consider for my next car

st4  I stated infiniti hybrid only and they have quite possibly the best V6 petrol engine. Most reliable and bullet proof. Same as used in the superb Z350 Nissan. However the diesels are utter crap as they use the utter crap merc engine. So please don't tar ALL infiniti cars with the same brush.

4 hours ago, Comedian said:

I had a 2000 carolla hatch - here is the thing, cars don't have souls. It's just journalistic nonsense as usual. Having a pop at a cheap hatchback for lacking character is as silly as marking down a Lamborghini hurracan for having a small boot and being difficult to fit child seats.

I love the interior on the new Carolla that I have seen so far. The next batch of Lexus had better be amazing.

Just googled the new Corolla , cannot say I’m impressed , looks like a pumped up Auris 

well, they are/were the same car so similarities are inevitable. However, new platform is lower, wider longer and it's supposed to drive much better.

Toyota have put 240m into building it in the UK - regardless of personal like / dislike - I think that's a good thing. I also think it's better than a CT in both engine (the 2ltr at least) and chassis, which means CT is getting a good upgrade perhaps?

On 9/22/2018 at 11:22 AM, Comedian said:

well, they are/were the same car so similarities are inevitable. However, new platform is lower, wider longer and it's supposed to drive much better.

Toyota have put 240m into building it in the UK - regardless of personal like / dislike - I think that's a good thing. I also think it's better than a CT in both engine (the 2ltr at least) and chassis, which means CT is getting a good upgrade perhaps?

Are Toyota building the new Corolla in UK ? Or are you referring to the Auris which they have already been  building here ? 

Are Toyota building the new Corolla in UK ? Or are you referring to the Auris which they have already been  building here ? 
Toyota has confirmed that the new Corolla will be built at the company’s UK plant in Burnaston, Derbyshire, following £240m of fresh investment in the factory to get it ready for TNGA production. The car will go on sale early in 2019, and its starting price is likely to be similar to the current Auris at around £20,000.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Toyota has confirmed that the new Corolla will be built at the company’s UK plant in Burnaston, Derbyshire, following £240m of fresh investment in the factory to get it ready for TNGA production. The car will go on sale early in 2019, and its starting price is likely to be similar to the current Auris at around £20,000.

Another reason to buy it if it’s built here.

On 9/23/2018 at 7:53 PM, Comedian said:

That is fantastic news, why isn’t it being talked about , on the tv news etc , “despite Brexit “ blah blah blah. 

I saw videos on YouTube today of the new Rav 4 , very very nice , probably nicer than the Lexus NX . 

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 3:38 PM, Comedian said:

The new Rav is very impressive, nice interior etc , good videos on YouTube 

That is fantastic news, why isn’t it being talked about , on the tv news etc , “despite Brexit “ blah blah blah. 
I saw videos on YouTube today of the new Rav 4 , very very nice , probably nicer than the Lexus NX . 

Because the media is against Brexit and against Britain as a whole.

• Haha 1

really lol [emoji16] the same media that roughly two years ago was saying brexit was the best thing for Britain since sliced bread [emoji506] 

You’ve not been reading the toxic bile the independent etc has to say.

14 hours ago, Dealkent said:

TV news rots your brain. 

Interesting thread.  I came to Lexus as I wanted a comfort and reliability (my god I've turned into my dad!).  Having previously owned an Alfa Romeo which was horrendously unreliable I vowed I would never buy non unreliable. 

Would love an F-pace next, only thing stopping me is concerns on reliability (and I detest rattles, which I've heard they can be a little prone to).  I know 3 people that have owned Evoques, 1 has not had a single issue, the other 2 (which were diesels) made my Alfa look reliable.

Think it would be Mazda for me.  Can't help but think Volvo and Tesla are a bit like the Bose of the car world, they have created a niche through clever marketing rather than substance, or maybe i'm just disgruntled that I can't afford them!!!!

5 hours ago, darrude said:

Interesting thread.  I came to Lexus as I wanted a comfort and reliability (my god I've turned into my dad!).  Having previously owned an Alfa Romeo which was horrendously unreliable I vowed I would never buy non unreliable. 

Would love an F-pace next, only thing stopping me is concerns on reliability (and I detest rattles, which I've heard they can be a little prone to).  I know 3 people that have owned Evoques, 1 has not had a single issue, the other 2 (which were diesels) made my Alfa look reliable.

Think it would be Mazda for me.  Can't help but think Volvo and Tesla are a bit like the Bose of the car world, they have created a niche through clever marketing rather than substance, or maybe i'm just disgruntled that I can't afford them!!!!

What about the E Pace ? Made in Austria, will that mean it’s made better ? , not sure . 

Or wait for the UX ? 

17 minutes ago, Dealkent said:

What about the E Pace ? Made in Austria, will that mean it’s made better ? , not sure . 

Or wait for the UX ? 

NX would be more comparable to F-Pace, readily available and thus like-for-like chaper.

NX would be more comparable to F-Pace, readily available and thus like-for-like chaper.

Bit smaller and without a particularly powerful drivetrain.

Tell you what’s a nice car, the rx450h