Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Time to detail the Behemoth!

rayaans

Decided to detail the RX today as I had a free day

Products used - Carchem 1900:1, APC for arches, Autosmart Smart Wheels 10:1, Powermaxed Tar Off, Angelwax Revelation fallout remover, clay mitt, Britemax Black Max followed by Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax. Side and rear glass done with 1 coat of Rain X and 1 coat of Powermaxed Rain off. Windscreen and Pan roof polished with Autosmart Glass Glow followed by 3 coats of Powermaxed Rain off. Plastics - Armorall Shield (not its conventional use) and tyres done with Autosmart High Style.

IMG_20180829_093433.thumb.jpg.728f877d28b0af42faaef388f461e3a4.jpg

Not too dirty, but I tend to wash based on wheel dirt rather than paintwork dirt.

IMG_20180829_093418.thumb.jpg.a16c3d19c9060d5a5cd2e67978bd7ff5.jpg

As can be seen, wheels were filthy. Not a fan of OEM Brake pads/discs on the 4RX. Yes, they have better performance than the 3RX but my gosh they spew out dust like nothing else.

IMG_20180829_110837.thumb.jpg.f355a6645cea8539d20289ad3d4fe258.jpgIMG_20180829_110846.thumb.jpg.19522a472f94437e8870f30e1cbe1fa9.jpg

Angelwax Revelation doing its thing

IMG_20180829_121652.thumb.jpg.f1e412f1b3b12d57903ce06eb48c06b8.jpg

Power maxed Tar off making the tar run off.

IMG_20180829_134837.thumb.jpg.1c320576c402804fd93fe3e36df8b53e.jpg

Rain off beading on the pan roof

IMG_20180829_182426.thumb.jpg.05dc40e74adba5c2e599081f1d261be5.jpgIMG_20180829_182435.thumb.jpg.ce1a400cf1d9b71000764de92c5e4a74.jpg

IMG_20180829_182545.thumb.jpg.9e2113929b42ba4cc89c885a77a8efaa.jpgIMG_20180829_182457.thumb.jpg.c16835df6c6cc9e23a1130eacea413a3.jpg

Love a reflection shot.

Pics aren't the best, Im no photography expert but I would highly recommend Britemax Black Max. Makes the paintwork look like flowing water almost!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Fantastic results! 

Do you clean your windows from the inside too? if yes, what do you use?

Why you don't use Rain X on front window?

Cheers.

Vlady

Thank you.

Well technically this wasn't a full detail as I only did the outside. I don't use RainX on the windscreen because I find that it leaves a smear behind in the night time which I dont like so I use powermaxed Rain Off instead which I bought to try on the windscreen which doesn't do this.

On the inside of the windows, I use Nilco Glass cleaner from B&Q. Its the best glass cleaner I have tried to date. The trick is to use it with a dedicated glass cloth (30-40p from home bargains or similiar) to leave a smear free window.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Thank you.

Well technically this wasn't a full detail as I only did the outside. I don't use RainX on the windscreen because I find that it leaves a smear behind in the night time which I dont like so I use powermaxed Rain Off instead which I bought to try on the windscreen which doesn't do this.

On the inside of the windows, I use Nilco Glass cleaner from B&Q. Its the best glass cleaner I have tried to date. The trick is to use it with a dedicated glass cloth (30-40p from home bargains or similiar) to leave a smear free window.

Rayaan thank you for your advice.

Rain X does leave the smear unless you wipe it very well after applying it, anyway, I never used anything else and might try Powermaxed Rain Off.

I will defo pop in to B&Q and buy the Nilco Glass cleaner, also never knew there is a special cloth for that, will need to get one as well one of these! 

I love my windows clean, I can leave the car for a few extra day longer dirty but I will wash windows and the wheels! 

For every day I have a used wiper in my car so every morning I am using it to remove the water on windows after rain or a condensation! Am I sad?! :)

3 minutes ago, Vlady said:

Rayaan thank you for your advice.

Rain X does leave the smear unless you wipe it very well after applying it, anyway, I never used anything else and might try Powermaxed Rain Off.

I will defo pop in to B&Q and buy the Nilco Glass cleaner, also never knew there is a special cloth for that, will need to get one as well one of these! 

I love my windows clean, I can leave the car for a few extra day longer dirty but I will wash windows and the wheels! 

For every day I have a used wiper in my car so every morning I am using it to remove the water on windows after rain or a condensation! Am I sad?! 🙂

I dont get smears on the glass when using Rain X as I wipe with a damp cloth. The smear comes is there when the wiper wipes the water at night and it momentarily blocks vision 

• 3 months later...

Agreed, I had huge problems with RainX smearing on the windscreen, especially in colder temperatures. 

I've moved to Gtechniq G5 for side windows and mirrors - better than rainX and lasts WAY longer. However, it takes a lot of buffing off. 

Car looks great Rayaans. Definitely looking forward to giving our GS a good going over when we get it!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links