Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Child Car seats

Superjim82

Afternoon all, 

expecting delivery of my new CT200h next week and was looking for some advice on best options child car seat wise? Current one doesn't appear compatible with the new car, so was wondering what others have opted for? I assume the one lexus offer is pricey due to name only? TIA

1 hour ago, Superjim82 said:

Afternoon all, 

expecting delivery of my new CT200h next week and was looking for some advice on best options child car seat wise? Current one doesn't appear compatible with the new car, so was wondering what others have opted for? I assume the one lexus offer is pricey due to name only? TIA

what car seat do you have as normally car seats aren't model specific

we haven't had any issues fitting car seats in any cars we have had

including the Aygo,Auris,Ct & IS ,most car seats have iso fixings

for fitting in the rear of the car these fittings are std's across cars makes

and anything else uses your seat belts so again universal

20 hours ago, 200h said:

what car seat do you have as normally car seats aren't model specific

we haven't had any issues fitting car seats in any cars we have had

including the Aygo,Auris,Ct & IS ,most car seats have iso fixings

for fitting in the rear of the car these fittings are std's across cars makes

and anything else uses your seat belts so again universal

cheers mark, it's a britax evolva. purchased it from mothercare and they advised that they tried same seat in similar car and it didn't fit properly, something about the shape of the seat? 

Entirely different cars and seats but yes, be aware that universal isn't universal. Isofix fittings may be there (by law?) but if the seat cushions and bolsters are a particular shape then no amount of grunting and swearing with make the seats fit. We have 2 Maxi-Cosi Rodifix an a first gen IS with Isofix. The seats will not attach due to the shape of the cushions. Nothing wrong with the seats, they just don't fit the Lexus.

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

Entirely different cars and seats but yes, be aware that universal isn't universal. Isofix fittings may be there (by law?) but if the seat cushions and bolsters are a particular shape then no amount of grunting and swearing with make the seats fit. We have 2 Maxi-Cosi Rodifix an a first gen IS with Isofix. The seats will not attach due to the shape of the cushions. Nothing wrong with the seats, they just don't fit the Lexus.

thanks rich, looks like it's a trip to mothercare at the weekend! oh joy! 

2 hours ago, Stompe said:

Useful but I think the OP is interested in which ones fit his car not which child seat is best.

And if you're wanting to try then I'd probably go with Halfords rather than Mothercare as you're more likely to be able to take the seat outside to the car park and see if it fits. I can't imagine you'll have a problem with a CT though, my IS seats are a little more unusual.

And while you're at Halfords you could stock up on car cleaning stuff for when it arrives :biggrin:

• Like 2