Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I should have started a separate string! (Oh, I have!)

To save more hi-jacking.

I've 'done Spain' several times; N to South, ; Centre-down; East; West. Been SO many places and lived near Ronda for 6 months, so know that Gaucin road!

First trip was in '84, in a Citroen Avant Commerciale. People would stand up outside cafes and applaud us as we drove by!.

Done about 6 more long trips (I decided I wasn't going to wait until I retired, so kept business small and took 6/8 weeks off)

Haven't been for about 10/12 years now, but was looking at a booklet on Merida (amazing Roman remains there; it was THE major city there in Roman times) it reminded me-got the juices flowing again.

Just don't try the Ajo Blanco soup ( I love it though!)

Phil! You need to 'test' your new car there!

Pic 1. View from Dali's house in Cadaques.

Pic 2. View from near Nicolas Luard's house near Tarifa (Try 'Andalucia' by him)

terrassa_1.jpg

9689b4b941d54ce9a0ee3926a3557962.jpg

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

she flies and I collect her

This has been suggested by my good lady for a trip to Eire, she just hates ferries.

I just need to negotiate extra holidays from work to be able to fit extra days in, but all my experiences of long drives in Europe and USA (on my tod) are fondly remembered, you can stop whenever, deviate whenever, listen to whatever.  My problem is being totally distracted by vistas, interesting bridges, buildings, or the sight of vultures/eagles soaring in the sky, or stopping by a lake to see what waterfowl are here-abouts. I am just as bad when going up to Arbroath, never do it without many a stop to gawk at something. Took me a whole day once just to get from Dundee to Newcastle stopping off here, there and everywhere.

I wish I had the luxury of the time to take the LS for 10/12 weeks away in Europe, sure it will happen one day, but not just yet.

That view going down into Tarifa is always amazing, first time I did it, could not work out what the heck the land was, then realised it was North Africa. 

Spain is (I believe) the second most mountainous European country after Switzerland and was amazed years ago to see snow on hills around Madrid in spring.

You will have an amazing time in Spain,

The Ls400 is  THE   Grand Touring car

I had a fabulous Grand Tour of Spain and Portugal a few years back ( I told you all ? ) for a 4/5 weeks 5/6000 mile tour, just the one night stopover in France each way to/from the ferry at Dover    ( solo too, she wmbo doesn't do too much driving with me, and a month is double what sanity allows )

FABULOUS.... Salamanca sits in my memory and not just coz Wellington did his thing there.

Amazing travels in Spain and i stayed two nights in that hotel in Ronda that sits on the cliff edge overlooking the world it seems 

................ and the year following to Italy.

and next week to Eire for a month  via Holyhead ferry

Best car ever for touring at leisure  :yahoo:

Malc

My Traction trip was meant to be about 7 weeks, but a broken driveshaft allowed me to extend it by nearly 3 weeks! (Insurance paid!)

The trip through Extramadura to Frigiliana, then back up centre to Picos.....9 weeks!

Addiction warning. Don't read 'Andalucia' by Nicholas Luard, or you be off (order it from your local library, NOT t'bay! Keep libraries open!)

I did get to hire a Citroen Mehari and whizz about in Cork forests/medina Sedonia for 2 days once.

If only Meharis didn't fetch ludicrous prces nowadays....£18K!!

As to 'best car'? Once in Citroen CX Auto (Air-con failed!). Twice in '90 Jeep Cherokee which was great.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links