Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The RC-F Carbon edition pictures thread

1 hour ago, Flytvr said:

That's very kind Tim - thank you 👍

Yes, they are very rare.

I got so close to trading it Thursday. Got within £1000 of what I would accept for part exchange.

I think the M4 is incredible, but it does concern me that it could be so easily confused for a 320, 330 or 335

You're very welcome.

The M4 is an incredible car, as was my last motor, the TTRS, both at the top of their game, the noise of the 5 pot TT made me giggle every time I drove it.

But your concern is very real, my TT just blended in with all the others, it never felt special. No one was ever standing there admiring it when I returned to the car park, only one person commented on the car in a whole year of ownership. One of my friends even asked if it was Jills car lol

Maybe rent one for a week, see how you feel?

• Like 2

On 9/29/2018 at 9:56 AM, Tfp said:

You're very welcome.

The M4 is an incredible car, as was my last motor, the TTRS, both at the top of their game, the noise of the 5 pot TT made me giggle every time I drove it.

But your concern is very real, my TT just blended in with all the others, it never felt special. No one was ever standing there admiring it when I returned to the car park, only one person commented on the car in a whole year of ownership. One of my friends even asked if it was Jills car lol

Maybe rent one for a week, see how you feel?

Very wise words indeed 👍

What was the TTRS like in the corners? Im sure it grips like a house fly, but all the reports make it sound boring.

I’m a big fan of 5 cylinder engines!

5 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Very wise words indeed 👍

What was the TTRS like in the corners? Im sure it grips like a house fly, but all the reports make it sound boring.

I’m a big fan of 5 cylinder engines!

The engine makes a very aggressive growl on acceleration, it sounds very naughty through tunnels and between buildings, by far the stand out feature of the car.

The handling, I never really pushed it hard, sports cars are now wasted on me really.

But what is incredible is it's composure over rough road surfaces.

Accelerate over a rough surface in many cars and the traction control cuts the power. The TT keeps the power on and just adjusts it to another wheel, or this is how it feels.

You could just floor the car coming out of a turning in the wet and it'd just sort it out giving you some power whilst managing wheel spin, incredibly easy to drive.

I guess if a Police officer asked me which car I'd recommend as a pursuit car then it'd have to be a quattro Audi as I think they'd keep up with anything over normal roads/surfaces.

To some people this ability and composure could be boring I guess, but I had much admiration for what it could do, and without fuss, or expertise.

But it went after a year as it didn't feel special, I found the interior quality low rent even though mags say it's good. And the Audi dealers, truly shocking.

I'll never buy a new Audi ever again due to the dealers which is a shame as I do miss the TT's soundtrack, I could own a used RS3 saloon in the future but I wont be buying from an Audi dealer. I did have a good experience with Stafford Audi years ago when I bought an Audi A1 once, after 3 attempts with other dealers who lied, didn't prep, or tried to mislead me.

Sorry for the little rant, but the dealers really did spoil my ownership of what is a really great car.

Lexus, and Skoda dealers really have been a breath of fresh air for me, proper and honest so far.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tfp said:

The engine makes a very aggressive growl on acceleration, it sounds very naughty through tunnels and between buildings, by far the stand out feature of the car.

The handling, I never really pushed it hard, sports cars are now wasted on me really.

But what is incredible is it's composure over rough road surfaces.

Accelerate over a rough surface in many cars and the traction control cuts the power. The TT keeps the power on and just adjusts it to another wheel, or this is how it feels.

You could just floor the car coming out of a turning in the wet and it'd just sort it out giving you some power whilst managing wheel spin, incredibly easy to drive.

I guess if a Police officer asked me which car I'd recommend as a pursuit car then it'd have to be a quattro Audi as I think they'd keep up with anything over normal roads/surfaces.

To some people this ability and composure could be boring I guess, but I had much admiration for what it could do, and without fuss, or expertise.

But it went after a year as it didn't feel special, I found the interior quality low rent even though mags say it's good. And the Audi dealers, truly shocking.

I'll never buy a new Audi ever again due to the dealers which is a shame as I do miss the TT's soundtrack, I could own a used RS3 saloon in the future but I wont be buying from an Audi dealer. I did have a good experience with Stafford Audi years ago when I bought an Audi A1 once, after 3 attempts with other dealers who lied, didn't prep, or tried to mislead me.

Sorry for the little rant, but the dealers really did spoil my ownership of what is a really great car.

Lexus, and Skoda dealers really have been a breath of fresh air for me, proper and honest so far.

I’d love the Audi 5 cylinder engine in an F

• 8 months later...
On 10/7/2018 at 12:24 PM, tomRCFcarbon said:

Post Goodwood clean car pics...

7834A8E6-3128-4045-8676-8445C7150B44.jpeg

5B52FC67-11FA-4F11-99B8-48E377D43856.jpeg

11DBF20A-66A0-463A-B9B8-926318DBA924.jpeg

438BF566-5A30-4704-AF95-86B3DAA15E71.jpeg

D67366D4-8825-4C49-9D3A-2868E62D15A7.jpeg

I've seen a few pics of your car now in various threads and kept getting some serious deja vu, now after seeing the mention of Goodwood, deja vu is resolved, I saw you at Goodwood JapFest last year, I was in my GSF and thought it nice to see another F car showing face and now I know the plate, I'll keep an eye out on my journies around Hampshire and Surrey! 😄

Just now, JonP said:

I don’t think my photography skills quite match yours, I’m more a box brownie guy. 

Obviously not so good on quoting a previous post either...

• Haha 1