Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Service, first time customer, not impressed

Lexus dealers not really the customer service experience, marketing and reputation would have you believe is it.

I've used 4 and 2 have been great, the other 2 awful.

Lexus Coventry and Bradford get my vote as the good ones 

5 minutes ago, darrude said:

Lexus dealers not really the customer service experience, marketing and reputation would have you believe is it.

I've used 4 and 2 have been great, the other 2 awful.

Lexus Coventry and Bradford get my vote as the good ones 

But which other brand are better? I have owned many cars and none have been as good, but Honda possibly close. 

Perhaps I've just been lucky, but my VW dealership experience was on a par with Lexus.  Out of 4 services Lexus failed / were  unable to wash the car on 2 occasions.  Not a big deal, but they are pushing their levels of service, and charging for it

On 11/18/2018 at 7:44 PM, 200h said:

oh my god if lexus chester is better than Lexus Twickenham they must be awful

i wouldn't trust lexus Chester to change the wheel on wheel barrow they'd probably

need a photo to know where the wheel came from, they are absolutely disgusting company

to deal with, and i work less than a mile away from them but prefer to drive 20 miles

, pay a tunnel toll and go to Lexus Liverpool as they have pride in there work.

they done so many things wrong when they changed the ventillation system on my last

Is300h and blamed there poor workmanship on me.

if the place went on fire and raised to the ground it wouldn't be a loss to the dealer network.

Sorry that you seem to have had a bad experience, but to redress the balance a little, I would say that my experience of Lexus Chester has been pretty well the opposite to yours. I have now bought 6 cars from Chester and always used then for servicing/repairs (not many of them needed!) and even tyres, as they stock compatible replacements at reasonable prices. I can recount several examples of how they have changed items without charging me and even removed parts from new cars because I would otherwise have to wait for parts to be ordered. I have turned up at the dealer on a Saturday afternoon with a Battery drain problem when they immediately organised a courtesy car and when the problem was finally diagnosed they gave me the car back with 2 bottles of wine to apologise for the time it took to resolve the problem. I find that their technical knowledge of the cars is impressive and their staff are unfailingly courteous and helpful.

I have had to challenge them over failings just twice during the past 14 years; one where they damaged a wheel whilst changing a tyre and another when they gave me an inappropriate courtesy car despite knowing that I always require an automatic. On both occasions they accepted immediately that they had failed to live up to their standards and did their best to make things right.

They may not be perfect, but they are the best I have ever experienced. Only Honda and then Toyota come anywhere near in maintaining such a consistently high standard. As for BMW and most French cars, you should try them to see just how bad the customer experience can possibly be.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I tried to buy a new car from Twickenham.What a joke.Went to Crawley instead and very impressed.Just had 1st service and equally pleased

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

On 9/8/2018 at 6:27 AM, Zubair said:

Thank you 

I presume it was about 2 feet deep, I cannot be certain because it was at night. 

There were cars behind me but none in front of me. 

I wish i had not posted nothing because last few replies have made me worried as to what will be the outcome 

I wonder what eventually happened with this sorry tale? 

Really? I'd like to hear the legal standpoint on that one as they have no right over your property and what you do with it.
Sure if the existing MOT has expired and the car is deemed to be in an unsafe condition (a definition that could be a whole other can of worms) they can advise you not to drive it on the road as that would be illegal, they could even report you to the old bill, but they have no rights over your property.
All IMO

I’m going back many years ago but as a dealer we did retain a car that was not fit for the road.

Brought in for service it required 4 tyres and discs and pads all round and a callipers, the tyres were down to the canvas and the pads were down to the metal, on one it was so bad the calliper had seized.

Customer refused our quote and said we were making jobs up, the workshop manager then stepped in and advised the vehicle was unfit for the road and refused to give the keys back or allow the customer access to the workshop.

Customer then phoned the police, they rocked up and we showed them the car. They agreed that we were right to retain but if the customer arranges for the car to be transported off the premises then we have to oblige.
Car was trailered off-site. A week later he was involved in a fatal accident, only he was involved.

We never knew if he replaced the parts, but given the accident I wouldn’t be surprised if he had not bothered

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

Customer then phoned the police, they rocked up and we showed them the car. They agreed that we were right to retain but if the customer arranges for the car to be transported off the premises then we have to oblige.

But the old bill are not always right :wink:

However in this case (and some of the MOT classifications as dangerous) the customer would have been in a catch 22 situation because as soon as they drove it on the public road they could have nicked for an un-roadworthy vehicle, and the vehicle would have been impounded anyway. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 8:38 AM, matt8 said:

Prior to new MOT changes that came into effect in May this year, if your existing MOT had not passed expiry date, then it was still a valid MOT certificate and the failure did not revoke that.

New rules since May makes things tougher.

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/blog/new-mot-vehicle-test-may-2018

A dangerous fault under new rules means it must come off the road right away and any time left on the existing MOT is revoked. It cannot be driven until repairs done and a pass is re-issued.

They can't hold you hostage, you have every right to leave with your car. You need to take your car away on a trailer to do it legally. If not and you get caught (or the garage reports you) then you can get a hefty fine, a ban and are driving illegally (and uninsured as your insurance isn't valid without an MOT).

It's worth noting that possession of a valid MOT certificate is not proof your car is roadworthy.

your insurance is not invalid without a mot. just because your car has not got a current mot does not mean it is not road worthy. I know because I have been stopped recently without a current mot

6 minutes ago, gji25 said:

your insurance is not invalid without a mot. just because your car has not got a current mot does not mean it is not road worthy. I know because I have been stopped recently without a current mot

You sound proud of that fella...?

I know that my insurer terms and conditions says plainly that there is no cover if the vehicle does not have an MOT certificate at the time of the incident. It's simple.

There may be insurers out there who will allow your claim the same as if you had a valid MOT. How many? Not many I imagine. However, we know insurers are in it for profit, and if they can avoid paying out, they will. And if it's a claim where the fault is being contested, I bet the the third party's accident management companies / solicitors would have a field day, using your lack of an MOT to pin the blame on you.

Good luck arguing and proving roadworthiness of your vehicle when it's in pieces after a crash, without an MOT cert. Ask the recovery company to swing by the MOT station on the way back to storage perhaps 🤔

you fail to understand.... a current mot is not worth the paper its written on. if an insurance company wanted to. they could revoke a claim because you had the wrong pressures in your tyres 

36 minutes ago, matt8 said:

Good luck arguing and proving roadworthiness of your vehicle when it's in pieces after a crash, without an MOT cert. Ask the recovery company to swing by the MOT station on the way back to storage perhaps

A vehicle can become unroadworthy the day after the issuing of an MoT certificate. The certificate does not mean the vehicle is currently roadworthy.

The offence above would be failing to have a current certificate, not that the vehicle is unroadworthy

extract from section 47 of the road traffic act

Section 47

(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 states that it is an offence for anyone to drive, or allow or cause to be driven, a vehicle which requires, but does not have, a valid Ministry of Transport test certificate.
An offence under this section does not bring with it the imposition of penalty points or the risk of disqualification but does carry with it the risk of a substantial financial penalty.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 200h said:

extract from section 47 of the road traffic act

Section 47

(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 states that it is an offence for anyone to drive, or allow or cause to be driven, a vehicle which requires, but does not have, a valid Ministry of Transport test certificate.
An offence under this section does not bring with it the imposition of penalty points or the risk of disqualification but does carry with it the risk of a substantial financial penalty.

That`s correct 200h.

Game Set and Match.

GJi25 was fortunate not to have been prosecuted and he would be well advised to read the Terms and Conditions of his Insurance Policy  and to put a note in his Diary to remind himself of the date by which his current MOT Certificate needs to be renewed.

not sure about the UK but overhere in Holland it is quite simple. a valid MOT is part of the insurance rules so no MOT no insurance. same with alcohol, over the limit no insurance. 

On 9/5/2018 at 8:38 AM, matt8 said:

It's worth noting that possession of a valid MOT certificate is not proof your car is roadworthy.

3 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

A vehicle can become unroadworthy the day after the issuing of an MoT certificate. The certificate does not mean the vehicle is currently roadworthy

Exactly what I said in the first place (see above)!

14 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

not sure about the UK but overhere in Holland it is quite simple. a valid MOT is part of the insurance rules so no MOT no insurance. same with alcohol, over the limit no insurance. 

This is not a very good idea. If an uninsured driver were to seriously injure someone there would be no recompense to the injured party other than the bankrupting of the offender. 

34 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

This is not a very good idea. If an uninsured driver were to seriously injure someone there would be no recompense to the injured party other than the bankrupting of the offender. 

sorry i was not complete. third party is always insured as obliged by law. so in case of accident the insurance company will pay out damage to third pary but then will send you a bill afterwards.

3 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

sorry i was not complete. third party is always insured as obliged by law. so in case of accident the insurance company will pay out damage to third pary but then will send you a bill afterwards.

Same in the UK

11 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

the insurance company will pay out damage to third pary but then will send you a bill afterwards.

After a drink driver hit and hospitalised myself and my family last year, I would be delighted to know that any monies being paid out to us, is going to be promptly charged to him.

If he has to sell his house, his car, and give up on a few luxuries in life to pay that, then so be it.

How often is a bill sent by an insurer, to cover their liabilities to the third party? In the case of drink driving, there is no excuse, so in 100% of cases I hope.

The limit in the Netherlands is 0.5. When over the insurance is void but of course will settle third party damage. This will be claimed back, always. Second step is blacklist, you will be thrown out of the insurance and can only get cover at a special insurancecompanies in which all insurance companies participate. This of course at elevated prices and conditions.

Legally it goes like this. For example you are measured at 1.3. This is a criminal offence and will be settled at court. Likely to have a fine of around 1000 euro plus a alcohol and driving education costing another 1000 plus a driving ban of 4 to 6 months. This for first timers, if second or more time brace yourself.

All in all not strict enough for me. Could be simpler. 0.0 and loose licence for 12 months if over plus draconic fine will be ok for me. No excuse.

• Like 1