Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Service, first time customer, not impressed

Zubair i am still trying to get my head around this. You said you drove through a puddle resulting in a write off engine and hybrid system.

If this puddle is 1 mtr deep i can understand can you please give some more update on that? how deep was the water was it flowing over the hood when driving?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Zubair i am still trying to get my head around this. You said you drove through a puddle resulting in a write off engine and hybrid system.

If this puddle is 1 mtr deep i can understand can you please give some more update on that? how deep was the water was it flowing over the hood when driving?

The water was almost 2 feet deep

18 hours ago, matt8 said:

I too find it hard to believe...

Any more detail? What specifically is wrong with the engine and hybrid system?

I mentioned to my indie and he said he'd have a look for you if you could get it to him. He's always up for a challenge.

DM me if you like.

My insurance said they do not trust the report given by Lexus and they will check it somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, Zubair said:

The water was almost 2 feet deep

That helps explain why a warning came up on the screen, saying "PopUp hood failure". I was wondering why that happened.  Presumably the sensors were put out of action by the water at that level. 

But is the air intake for the engine only two feet above ground? I would have expected it to be a bit higher than that. Or is it enough that the exhaust pipe would have been under water?

• Thanks 1

The water may have only been 2 feet deep but the forward motion of the car would have created a bow wave that could have possibly reached the intake?

Don't think I would have driven though water that deep, certainly not in the RC never mind the hybrid ...

• Like 1

Not the sort of thing I would put in the public domain.

Admitting to driving through 2 feet of water and expecting to come out the other side like Jesus of Nazareth. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Admitting to driving through 2 feet of water and expecting to come out the other side like Jesus of Nazareth. [emoji6]

Blasphemer! ...... Stone him!!!

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

On 9/6/2018 at 8:43 PM, doog442 said:

Admitting to driving through 2 feet of water and expecting to come out the other side like Jesus of Nazareth. 😉

When it is dark in a narrow country lane what other options one have in the speed of 40 and other cars coming behind you. A harsh break could have put me and my family other road user at risk 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Zubair said:

When it is dark in a narrow country lane what other options one have in the speed of 40 and other cars coming behind you. A harsh break could have put me and my family other road user at risk 

You do realise that emergency brakes are meant for this kind of thing? 😂😂

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zubair said:

You initially stated it was a puddle and there was no one else there.You then stated it was two foot deep and other cars were coming  behind you. I think the assumption may have been you took a risk on driving through floodwater. 

My point was that its not beyond the realms of possibility that an Insurance Investigator could read your posts and they will without doubt contact the dealer anyway . I appreciate you had problems with the dealer but you really should be careful about posting about the incident or at least get it straight. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, doog442 said:

You initially stated it was a puddle and there was no one else there.You then stated it was two foot deep and other cars were coming  behind you. I think the assumption may have been you took a risk on driving through floodwater. 

My point was that its not beyond the realms of possibility that an Insurance Investigator could read your posts and they will without doubt contact the dealer anyway . I appreciate you had problems with the dealer but you really should be careful about posting about the incident or at least get it straight. 

Thank you 

I presume it was about 2 feet deep, I cannot be certain because it was at night. 

There were cars behind me but none in front of me. 

I wish i had not posted nothing because last few replies have made me worried as to what will be the outcome 

• 3 weeks later...

If this scenario actually happened, which I don't believe for one minute, what state is the rest of the car in after plunging into a 2 feet deep ditch, it must have wiped out the suspension on that side of the car, not to mention bodywork damage...……………………...come on, what really happened????????

Unless it happened under normal wet road conditions. Car after all should work on wet roads. But you can't drive it into the sea and demand a new engine.

There are a few cases of the c63 hydrolocking in the rain.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2018 at 4:49 PM, Zubair said:

Last Friday a week from today, I was on a nice drive in Bridgend Wales with my family. At around 16.30 it started raining heavily and was getting dark. I was in a country lane driving 30 to 35 on 40 because I was unfamiliar with the road and there was noone else there. 500 yards before the main road I went through a puddle and everything went Kaput. Hybrid system failure light came on and asked me to stop. I drove about 100 yards then it completely stopped. 

I called AA through my bank and had to upgrade to relay and paid nearly £400, waited 1 hour, they came took us to nearby servide on M4. We waited 4 hours for another aa truck to bring us to London. We got to London at 2am, went to bed, woke up at 8 called aa to take my car to local Lexus in Twickenham, which was my big mistake. Aa said I needed to pay 200 more so they could come before 11 as Lexus service centre closes at 12. I said no thx, I looked around on search engine and found a local recovery which did it for 120.

We got to Lexus service centre in Worton Road, unloaded the vehicle, gave my key to reception, they noted down my phone number and told me expect a call on Tuesday. I waited until 16.00 on Tuesday, no call. I called Lexus Twickenham, gave my number again waited 2 days still no call. I called again, give my phone number again, I was told Lexus has to do diagnostic and we don't have your number to get your authorisation. I was very upset I said ok do the diagnostic and told him I give my number and keys when I dropped my car. He apologised, this was on Thursday.

I waited until yesterday 16.00pm no call. I called Lexus again, I was told we still have not started on my car because we did not have staff for personal reasons and I was told they will call me today before 12 and I did not receive any call. 

I don't know what to do here. I need Lexus report on my car so I could call my insurance to find out what they can do for me. 

All LEXUS care about is money. They did not start the diagnosis because they wanted authorisation for £180 in order to start the job and kept me in the dark for one whole week and counting 

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I have been to this dealer too and it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. I tend to use Guildford or Chester (I know it’s miles away but if I am up in that area) who are far better. Lexus dealers as a whole are still much better than the majority, not that it makes you feel too much better! 

2 hours ago, BaransuIS250 said:

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I have been to this dealer too and it doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. I tend to use Guildford or Chester (I know it’s miles away but if I am up in that area) who are far better. Lexus dealers as a whole are still much better than the majority, not that it makes you feel too much better! 

oh my god if lexus chester is better than Lexus Twickenham they must be awful

i wouldn't trust lexus Chester to change the wheel on wheel barrow they'd probably

need a photo to know where the wheel came from, they are absolutely disgusting company

to deal with, and i work less than a mile away from them but prefer to drive 20 miles

, pay a tunnel toll and go to Lexus Liverpool as they have pride in there work.

they done so many things wrong when they changed the ventillation system on my last

Is300h and blamed there poor workmanship on me.

if the place went on fire and raised to the ground it wouldn't be a loss to the dealer network.