Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A good waxing today and a question.

I gave the old girl a waxing today and its come up a treat but here's a question.  We live in a hard water area so even using a chamois after washing it always leaves white streaks.  Does anyone know if there's a product on the market (apart from waxing every time) that will get rid of it?

IMG_20180901_135435782.jpg

• Like 2

Collect and wash with rainwater? Window cleaners in our hard water area collect rainwater for cleaning. For regular customers I believe they fully clean the windows and put a special coating on them. After that they use rainwater to clean the windows.

Does anyone on here know more about this? Current or ex-window cleaners?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Collect and wash with rainwater? Window cleaners in our hard water area collect rainwater for cleaning. For regular customers I believe they fully clean the windows and put a special coating on them. After that they use rainwater to clean the windows.

That's actually a good idea, I've got big shed roof that collects the rain water and it's next to my drive where I park.  I guess I could do the final rinse with it.

8 minutes ago, Malc said:

my rain water in the past has been full of Sahara dust etc ............  so take care with that idea !

Seconded! 

We live in hard water area and had a water softener fitted a couple of years ago. Sadly, I still got streaks on my lovely red IS! So I now drive a white car... 😉

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Malc said:

my rain water in the past has been full of Sahara dust etc ............  so take care with that idea !

Malc

That's a good point, does that mean I've got to strain it through my tights!!

5 minutes ago, Comedian said:

waffle towel

What's a waffle towel?

5 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I gave the old girl a waxing today and its come up a treat but here's a question.  We live in a hard water area so even using a chamois after washing it always leaves white streaks.  Does anyone know if there's a product on the market (apart from waxing every time) that will get rid of it?

IMG_20180901_135435782.jpg

That does look very nice.

http://www.ionicsystems.com/uk/product/12-inch-linear-green-colour-change-di-filter-30ppm/ 

or 

https://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/aqua-gleam-de-ionising-water-filter

The first one is what window cleaners use. The second is dressed up for car cleaning.

15 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Agree.

Not that it seems to exist anymore - but rain water - or boiled water - or cheap bottled water.

Or wipe it before its fully dry?

Try using Autoglym shampoo and conditioner i believe it has water softening properties in it and as previous comments have said dont use a shammy! I use waffle towels and live in a hard water are and never had an issue with streaking. 

46 minutes ago, Richiano said:

Try using Autoglym shampoo and conditioner i believe it has water softening properties in it and as previous comments have said dont use a shammy! I use waffle towels and live in a hard water are and never had an issue with streaking. 

We have an issue with a neighbour, 'streaking'.

• Haha 2

On 9/1/2018 at 9:42 PM, cornershop said:

These type of filters allow you to walk away after rinsing. No need to dry, I can attest to that. 

Perfect for dark coloured cars.