Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another anyone know this ISF, with a twist!

So an ESB 2010 59 plate ISF with white interior popped up a couple of days ago on Autotrader.

Reg GV59 WCZ.

I rang up this morning and drove the 70 odd miles to take a look and have a test drive. I've put a deposit down and pick it up next week.

So after 3 years of dithering, looks like all being well I'll be joining the club properly.

• Like 2

Wow! so it's had a quiet life then. 😂

At least it's famous. Felt really tight when I drove it.

A few minor things I need to do, like the alloys and a couple of scuffs and refresh the headlight finish, but that's about it. 

Also how easy is it to get a 2nd key? It only has one.

If you have any more pics that would be great!

• Like 1

@d3ron Deron someone more knowledgeable than me and I’m thinking @ColinBarber to advise as regards the  key situation replacement.

If it was me I’d not go ahead until such time another key was provided by the supplying dealer in the deal.

I’ll go through my stuff for you I think I have some vids as well 👍

Big Rat

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@d3ron Deron someone more knowledgeable than me and I’m thinking @ColinBarber to advise as regards the  key situation replacement.

If it was me I’d not go ahead until such time another key was provided by the supplying dealer in the deal.

I’ll go through my stuff for you I think I have some vids as well 👍

Big Rat

It's not a dealer it's a private sale, he's only ever had one key apparently. He's a nice guy, director of an IT software company. (I checked him out on Linkedin), and he's had it a couple of years. Normally you get a feeling with a sale, he seemed completely genuine, he's also replaced all four Bridgestones, replaced the radiator as he noticed a coolant leak, and has had new discs and brakes fitted by Lexus.

I've just found the review on evo https://www.evo.co.uk/lexus/is/6815/lexus-is-f-road-test-review, I didn't realise it had an LSD.

39 minutes ago, d3ron said:

Also how easy is it to get a 2nd key? It only has one.

Unbelievably difficult and expensive.. 

That is dealer only thing and will cost you around £300-£500 to replace. First of all you need "virgin" key (used ones cannot be reprogrammed) and then keys can be attached by dealer or certified technician for something like £180. The final price will depend on how cheaply you can get the key.

I heard somebody was able to clear used key, but could not find the thread now... Still it was something like £180 for clearing the key which was covered by dealer selling the car and then £180 for programming the key with the car. 

@Flytvr - I know cos IS220d is the same... 

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2018 at 11:02 PM, Linas.P said:

I heard somebody was able to clear used key, but could not find the thread now... Still it was something like £180 for clearing the key which was covered by dealer selling the car and then £180 for programming the key with the car. 

Keys aren't programmed/cleared, you program the ECU to work with the key's permanent unique code.

A dealer should be able to supply and program a new key to a vehicle for £300 or less. Get a quote first to double check. I'd also ask them to wipe the data of all keys and add the ones you have back in - there is a lost key out there somewhere which you don't want to work anymore.

You can certainly do it yourself but need access to techstream software, or follow some weird programming procedure. Just make sure you get a EU key, not a cheap one from the US as they work on different frequencies.

• Like 2

Cheers. I have a car dealer in my close, and he says he uses a company that can do the same.

They can code another key and revoke all other keys. I pick up the car tomorrow, so I'll see how it goes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 11:50 AM, d3ron said:

Cheers. I have a car dealer in my close, and he says he uses a company that can do the same.

They can code another key and revoke all other keys. I pick up the car tomorrow, so I'll see how it goes.

did you get this sorted?

1 hour ago, d3ron said:

Not yet. I've been round his house about 4 times and he's not followed up. I'll get it sorted at some point. You in the same boat?

no I have both keys, but recently lost my girlfriends car key (she only had one), after much ringing round found a fella who was super helpful and could get keys faster than the local dealer and was about half the price

• Like 1