Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rubber mats for the LS600h

Just back from a trip to Cornwall in the new LS600h. It performed faultlessly and, despite terrible traffic on the return trip and a diversion into some very minor country lanes in Somerset, returned an average of just over 30 mpg for the 1000 miles or so that we drove in it. 

I spent today cleaning the interior of the car, hoovering up the sand from numerous beaches, cleaning/conditioning the leather and detailing the wood and other surfaces. I am so impressed with the quality of the materials used in the car. Just stunning. I keep finding new bits to enjoy too (like the bit of fabric curled over to stop stuff dropping in-between the inside edge of the driver/front passenger seat and the central console!). 

Anyway, onto the point of the post. Can anyone recommend a good supplier for some rubber mats for the LS600h. Ideally looking to spend a bit more and get a decent set first time that will last, and tailored rather than generic. Hopefully something that doesn't reek of rubber too much either! Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, jpjsavage said:

Just back from a trip to Cornwall in the new LS600h. It performed faultlessly and, despite terrible traffic on the return trip and a diversion into some very minor country lanes in Somerset, returned an average of just over 30 mpg for the 1000 miles or so that we drove in it. 

I spent today cleaning the interior of the car, hoovering up the sand from numerous beaches, cleaning/conditioning the leather and detailing the wood and other surfaces. I am so impressed with the quality of the materials used in the car. Just stunning. I keep finding new bits to enjoy too (like the bit of fabric curled over to stop stuff dropping in-between the inside edge of the driver/front passenger seat and the central console!). 

Anyway, onto the point of the post. Can anyone recommend a good supplier for some rubber mats for the LS600h. Ideally looking to spend a bit more and get a decent set first time that will last, and tailored rather than generic. Hopefully something that doesn't reek of rubber too much either! Any thoughts?

Have you tried the main dealer, sometimes their prices for mats aren't too bad.  Glad the journey was a great experience (despite the traffic) I was really toying with the idea of taking the newly acquired Celsior to Cornwall in less than two weeks, but as you've reminded me of the "it gets everywhere" Cornish sand reality has kicked in!

My experiences are based on my GS450 rather than a LS, but Lexus mats are usually over £100 from the dealers. I got a new set when I bought my car last year.

When it’s getting wetter out I generally swap out my carpet mats for some rubber mats I bought from eBay. They did smell rubbery for the first week but are good quality and are exactly the right size and shape with the fitting eyes in the correct location. They were a bargain at about £20.

Don’t rule out eBay for mats.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

My experiences are based on my GS450 rather than a LS, but Lexus mats are usually over £100 from the dealers. I got a new set when I bought my car last year.

When it’s getting wetter out I generally swap out my carpet mats for some rubber mats I bought from eBay. They did smell rubbery for the first week but are good quality and are exactly the right size and shape with the fitting eyes in the correct location. They were a bargain at about £20.

Don’t rule out eBay for mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't suppose you remember the seller do you? I bought some off eBay for a previous car and they were very poor. Seems like a bit of a lottery in terms of quality and there are so many to choose from! That said, for £20 it is probably worth a punt isn't it!

I used carmats4u.com for my previous BMW and was very very happy with them, the rubber was thick and in 3.5 years was not rubbed away like cheap mats do on eBay.

I would gladly buy the same for my GS450h but looks like they do not do it for my model, meant to contact them when I got the car.

49 minutes ago, jpjsavage said:

I don't suppose you remember the seller do you? I bought some off eBay for a previous car and they were very poor. Seems like a bit of a lottery in terms of quality and there are so many to choose from! That said, for £20 it is probably worth a punt isn't it!

No problem at all.  I've dug into my history and the seller was "procarmats1975".  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/procarmats1975

Also, slight error of recollection, my rubber mats were £21.99, not £20.

This is what i bought when i had mine and they were fine . Not perfect as think it didn't had holes for the back ones but they were still good as it is a bit difficult to find them in LWB version . 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tailored-Rubber-Car-Mats-for-Lexus-Ls600H-LWB-Hybrid-07-Set-of-4-XL-6-Clips/162712637695?fits=Car+Make%3ALexus&hash=item25e26dd0ff:g:UGsAAOSw82Ba0HcF

I bought a good heavy set from Aldi, they don’t have them all the time but have the car accessory promotoions from time to time.

I think they were around £15.00 but they were designed so you can trim them to fit.

On 9/3/2018 at 8:15 AM, Vlady said:

I used carmats4u.com for my previous BMW and was very very happy with them, the rubber was thick and in 3.5 years was not rubbed away like cheap mats do on ebay.

I would gladly buy the same for my GS450h but looks like they do not do it for my model, meant to contact them when I got the car.

I have to say the rear ones did not have holes in them. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links