Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheapest LC 500 V8 ?

Yeah, when you go into high-end models there always going to be diminishing returns... Really depends on personal needs and stack of money you have in your bank account. Maybe standing-out for some is going to be worth it... 

Secondly, comparing LC to RC is kind of pointless.. they do not compete each other. Comparing LC to say, S coupe or SL, maybe AMG GT, maybe Aston Martin or BMW i8... or same 911. Then it starts to make sense... and in that niche of the market it might actually be "a good value for money".

Really? It does not compare to the mentioned cars at all imo. The lc-f would though. 

The rcf and lc500 are both comparable in the sense they have the same engine, both are gt/sports cars, both rwd etc. The only difference is the rcf has usable back seats.

The LC I don't think is bad value at all - it's more natural competitor is the 6 series, E class coupe, Maserati Gran Cabrio. In many ways it is the true successor to the Mk4 Supra as a truly large sporting coupe. The new supra is not a large car, and neither is an RCF. They are midsized cars. 

I don't think £70k is a terrible starting point for such a car given it's remit to go head to head with 6 and new 8 series BMWs, Maserati coupes etc. It has the newer 10spd box the RCF doesn't have, a more striking design and probably more luxurious appointments. An RCF's competitor is a C63, M5, RS5 sort of car. This is the class above. 

I'd love an RCF but I think if I had the money I would buy the LC. It looks terrific. 

I think the LC500 is definitely a grand tourer, rather than an outright sports car, whilst I think the RCF has pretensions in that direction, I think it's more of a tourer than an outright sports car.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, st4 said:

In many ways it is the true successor to the Mk4 Supra as a truly large sporting coupe. The new supra is not a large car, and neither is an RCF. They are midsized cars. 

I understand why you may think this, but not sure I agree.

Just looked up the dimensions out of interest.

MK4 Supra RCF LC
Length 4.515m 4.705m 4.770m
Width 1.810m 2.070m 1.920m
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin F said:

I understand why you may think this, but not sure I agree.

Just looked up the dimensions out of interest.

MK4 Supra RCF LC
Length 4.515m 4.705m 4.770m
Width 1.810m 2.070m 1.920m

RCF is 1.845 wide - you have included the mirrors there.

From Lexus Manuals (and others):

Car Dimensions    

Model Width Width Length
    (over mirrors)  

DB9 1880 2061 4720

LC500 1920 2168 4770

RX450h 1895 2180 4890

IS300h 1810 2027 4665

NX 1845   4640

Sorry, No data on RC-F. ☺️

5 minutes ago, JonP said:

I wonder what it's like to get through a 6'6" width restriction....

You just don't go I guess. The thing is is that most 6'6" are in reality are more ~7', but still I sometimes struggle with IS250, because they have like "S" curve before them and it is nearly impossible to position yourself. With LC I simply wouldn't attempt... well unless I have Lexus wheel protection cover. Those restrictions should be illegal thought, I would happily strangle the person who invented them with my bare hands... and speedbumps 😄 

From Lexus Manuals (and others):
Car Dimensions    

Model Width Width Length
    (over mirrors)  

DB9 1880 2061 4720

LC500 1920 2168 4770

RX450h 1895 2180 4890

IS300h 1810 2027 4665

NX 1845   4640

Sorry, No data on RC-F. [emoji3526]
Got my data from lexus

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

On 9/5/2018 at 9:59 PM, Linas.P said:

Secondly, comparing LC to RC is kind of pointless.. they do not compete each other.

Wrong again. Both are on my (very) short list of potential cars for 2020-2025

10 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

Wrong again. Both are on my (very) short list of potential cars for 2020-2025

Could well be the case, I might be considering to buy IS-F versus BMW 640d and even BMW i8, but that doesn't make them natural competitors. This is more the case of your personal considerations when buying the car... 

As well I thought you already have RC-F?! So is it really consideration between keeping RC-F or upgrading to LC or what?

1. Keep this RCF as a future classic, and run another car

2. Buy a new RC-F, with whatever upgrades come in

3. LC 500....or an LCF if things go really well 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links