Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reconditoned IS 200 engines ?

Arabella

Two weeks ago  I had sent my IS 200 se Auto  in to have the cam belt replaced and it snapped  as they reversed  it onto the ramp.   The mechanic rang me today and he doesnt think its worth fixing,  it passed its MOT  with flying colours  beg of August.  I love the car and so I am asking for help in finding a reconditoned engine,  can anyone recommend anywhere to look? 

15 minutes ago, Arabella said:

Two weeks ago  I had sent my IS 200 se Auto  in to have the cam belt replaced and it snapped  as they reversed  it onto the ramp.   The mechanic rang me today and he doesnt think its worth fixing,  it passed its MOT  with flying colours  beg of August.  I love the car and so I am asking for help in finding a reconditoned engine,  can anyone recommend anywhere to look? 

Is this a garage/mechanic that you know and trust?

23 minutes ago, Arabella said:

My usual mechainc took it there for me, he knows him well, I have not met him 

I'm not suggesting anything here but I would want to see the old belt.

2 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I'm not suggesting anything here but I would want to see the old belt.

I have the old belt and the bearing as well, they sent it to me via my mechanic the day it happened.  

31 minutes ago, Arabella said:

I have the old belt and the bearing as well, they sent it to me via my mechanic the day it happened.  

Ok, that sounds fair enough.  If you look up a guy called Paul Frost he may well be able to help you.  He trades on eBay as lexussparesdirect. If I can find his number I'll let you know, unless someone else here has it.  If anyone can help he can as he breaks Lexus cars and may be able to suggest a way forward.

2 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Ok, that sounds fair enough.  If you look up a guy called Paul Frost he may well be able to help you.  He trades on eBay as lexussparesdirect. If I can find his number I'll let you know, unless someone else here has it.  If anyone can help he can as he breaks Lexus cars and may be able to suggest a way forward.

Thank you - very much appreciated